AAA Mid-Atlantic

midatlantic.aaa.com
  midatlantic.aaa.com
There are newer employer reviews for AAA Mid-Atlantic

AAA Mid-Atlantic was a wonderful place to work.

Former Employee - Human Resources in Wilmington, DE
Former Employee - Human Resources in Wilmington, DE

I worked at AAA Mid-Atlantic full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people who work there are amazingly talented and fun to work with. Career progression is good if you are reliable and show potential. They have many locations throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and the Wilmington DE HQ is beautiful.

Cons

Recruiting standards are extremely high and this is an exaggeration, but one of the phrases I used to hear tossed around was "They expect you to have a PhD. but only want to pay you like a dropout." Having said that, you can probably keep this job for the rest of your life if you don't mind slightly lower than average pay for similar work, you show up on time and just do your job.

The upper management has changed since I worked there so I can't reealy comment on the status quo. The upper management that was in place while I was there was much beloved by staff.

58 Other Employee Reviews for AAA Mid-Atlantic (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work

I worked at AAA Mid-Atlantic

Pros

Good people, fun environment, decent pay.

Cons

None, great place to start a career

Insurance agent for over 4 years

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Newark, DE

I have been working at AAA Mid-Atlantic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you like going to work and want to get away with doing nothing all day, this is the job for you. You can watch movies and surf the internet all day without AAA knowing. Extreme poor. good base pay and used to be good pay before all the cuts. No longer the case.

Cons

Everything! Management is extremely poor. Promotions are only given to people they like instead of people who are qualified for the rolls. Company is going down.. The company is extreme unprofessional. They have had pay cuts in the incentives/commissions 3 times in the last 2 years. This company is a joke.. Honestly, I have work for some of the top organizations in the world and AAA operations from direct management up to the senior executives is horrific. many departments have been consolidated(removed) and/or moved out of state. You have been warned. One more thing, training for an insurance agent here is extremely poor as well, There is no training besides systematic training. I am glad I had my insurance license before I came to this company.

For senior management/executives, You need to be more involved with you direct sales force(agents).Replace your supervisors and sales mangers to more qualified individuals be more professional in all aspects of you carrier. Meaning, treat you employees FAIRLY.

For direct management at NOC.. Do all of us a favor and QUIT! 95% of us hate the management and sale support staff because they are worthless and unproductive. One person could do the job the currently takes 5 dimwits to do.

There are newer employer reviews for AAA Mid-Atlantic