AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah

www.calstate.aaa.com
  www.calstate.aaa.com
There are newer employer reviews for AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah

I'm so glad I joined AAA!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (less than an year)

Pros

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah is a great company that really cares about the communities it works in. I’m happy I joined a company that isn't only interested in the bottom line, but is focused on doing the right thing for its members. It’s also rare to work for a company where you frequently have opportunities to directly engage with the CEO, talk about the organization and ask specific questions.

Cons

The dichotomy of working for a 100-year-old start-up can be tricky to navigate.

Continue to keep lines of communication open and continue to improve IT processes.

45 Other Employee Reviews for AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah (View Most Recent)

Drifting without direction and unable to incorporate online and social channels

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees and Management work for the members.
    Compensation competitive
    Benefits fair (except PTO in the first 5 years)

Cons

Management would rather lay staff odd than actually manage them effectively
    Executives out of touch with rank and file - there is an "executive bubble" and you dare not burst it
    Dated and limited revenue model - when is the last time you needed a car towed in Northern California?
    Unable to form an effective web team that the executives will trust and support
    Unable to address the outdated model and poor presentation of Travel and Discounts
    Unable to influence a truly awful online Insurance Management experience

Culture is not changed with talk, you need to demonstrate a flat culture - not an elitist one.
    Invest in the web. You are far behind and you will need to invest heavily to catch up.
    Train managers to manage people instead of promoting strong individual contributors as managers.

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah

Pros

The transparency of the leadership team. The positive work environment and the great team of people that I work with.

Cons

Not much to report here. We're in growth mode so there have been some changes but overall, I think change is good.

Keep sharing the overall company objectives, goals and values. It really helps to know these things and it's motivating to hear about the positive things that are going on in the company and the positive direction the company is going in.

There are newer employer reviews for AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah