AACR
aacr.org Philadelphia, PA 50 to 149 Employees

Was good once, could be a lot better, going downhill rapidly

Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at AACR

ProsQuiet, generally laid back, decent benefits, nice people. Great location in Olde City.

ConsManagement varies widely from department to department. Some managers are not very well qualified. Managers are heard to say some things that would get you fired anywhere else. Bad situations are left to go on much too long. Workers are generally dissatisfied. If the market were better, most people would quit. Management thinks we are all fascinated with cancer research, but we're not, we just need a job.

Don't have off on most federal holidays. Sometimes we are the only ones working in the building (or in the city, for that matter). Rarely closes for snow, even when dangerous. Harassed about lateness constantly, even if it's only 5 minutes. No working from home option. No flextime. No hire back policy.

It used to be much nicer but it's getting bigger and crappier every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk your workers what they want and need. Respect your workers. Join the 21st century.

non-profit that helps you to feel good about what you do all day

Staff Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at AACR full-time for more than a year

Pros: co-workers, advancement, just out of college - great job! travel,… Cons: some micromanaging supervisors, like all other jobs More

Great Mission, experience depends on department you work in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at AACR

Pros: Reasonable pay, coworkers are really great people, learn many things about cancer research, good benefits, working on something worthwhile, can travel (depending on your position),… Cons: No flextime, no days in lieu even if you work massive overtime, no daycare, work-life balance is not good, very high turnover rate, some upper… Advice to Senior Management: No advice. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AACR.

Worked for AACR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AACR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AACR CEO Margaret Foti, Ph.D., M.D. (h.c.). All reviews posted anonymously by AACR employees.