AAF-McQUAY
www.aafmcquay.com Louisville, KY 5000+ Employees

First 70 of the 90 years is the prime time of AAF, can we come back?

Louisville, KY

ProsPeople are very friendly to work with. There is a fair amount of veterans of the company who has been with the company for 20 to 40 years. They really knows the business. However they are all retiring soon.

ConsFrom marketing to R&D, the company need to invest much more to compete with others. If look at the AAF history prior to 90s, you know why the company is successful then. We are the leader for innovation, massive marketing department, best industry knowledge of know how. These days, it is all eliminating products can't sale without adding new product into product line fast enough. The brand name is still strong, however we need strong leadership. Some of the senior management team is not knowledge enough to lead the company, divisions, or groups.
HR department need to spend a little more to find the best people in the industry or train its own young team member.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more on training employee. Bring them to conference, industry association, trade show. Push harder in emerging market.

The 90's were good, should we stay there?

Plymouth, MN

I have been working at AAF-McQUAY

Pros: The people are good to work with, and things are fairly laid back on a day to day basis. There is an overall good atmosphere… Cons: McQuay has a top notch product, but there is little drive to improve the office to match what is the real world product output… Advice to Senior Management: Daikin bought McQuay and they have clearly made improvements to the factories and products to among the best in the industry. However there seems… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A company caught unwilling to move out of the "90". HR runs the show don't forget that.

Louisville, KY

I have been working at AAF-McQUAY

Pros: The people are great. Although the majority have been there… Cons: Growth is a dream. It does not happen but to a few. The companies growth plan is a… Advice to Senior Management: Takagi is the silent Japanese leader. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AAF-McQUAY.

Worked for AAF-McQUAY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AAF-McQUAY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AAF-McQUAY CEO Katsuhiko Takagi. All reviews posted anonymously by AAF-McQUAY employees.