There are newer employer reviews for AAI Corporation

Inexperienced Defense Contractor trying to play in the big leagues with the real defense contractors

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at AAI Corporation full-time

Pros

Innovative, hard working, go the extra mile to accomplish tasks on schedule

Cons

Naive, no business development expertise, prototype shop trying to be DoD manufacturer

Advice to Management

More in house Training and less 60 hour weeks for your top performers

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. AAI was a good place to have my first summer engineering internship experience.

Former Intern - Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Office Intern in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at AAI Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

AAI was a smaller company, so you were able to get to know a lot of people. The office I worked in was very team-based and collaborative. People were always willing to help you with whatever you needed. As an intern, I was treated just like an entry-level employee, and I was given a lot of responsibility within my first week. I liked that people were willing to go out of their way to stop and talk to me or to show me what they were working on. It was fun to see the entire product process. I enjoyed being able to do office work, but to also walk around and address outside concerns. Overall, a very good "foot-in-the-door" experience.

Cons

Unfortunately as an intern, I was not placed in a position where I was able to do any real engineering work specific to my major. But I was exposed to a lot of different things that helped me see what I may or may not be interested in for my future career. My department also turned out to be an exception. If you walk around the rest of the campus, you will notice the dreary and glum average employee isolated in their cube all day.

Advice to Management

The company can not thrive with it's current culture. Employees need to be happy about coming to work every day, not grumbling about leadership or stressed out all the time. New hires are not going to choose AAI as-is.

2. It was ok

Former Contractor - Field Engineer III in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Contractor - Field Engineer III in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at AAI Corporation as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Small company therefore things like flex schedules and leave are approved quickly

Cons

no oppurtunity for personel growth.