There are newer employer reviews for AAI Corporation

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at AAI Corporation

Pros

Cool projects and well-run business- never any time to get bored

Cons

can be difficult to figure out who does what at first, but probably no more so than anywhere else

Keep up the good work- good place to be, for the most part

70 Other Employee Reviews for AAI Corporation (View Most Recent)

My Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cockeysville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cockeysville, MD

I have been working at AAI Corporation

Pros

The company is a great place for someone my age looking to retire soon. I really appreciate all of the opportunity they have given me.

Cons

There really are no cons that I can think of. They could do a tad bit better on their health benefits.

I am not sure what advice I should give to management. They should try to keep an ear to the ground and listen more.

Well, it's better than the Army...

Current Employee - UAS Flight Crew in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - UAS Flight Crew in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at AAI Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is decent, opportunities to transfer to different areas of the company are there if you're qualified.

Cons

Getting promoted requires you to know someone, raises are not commensurate with responsibility level or skill (i.e. a lot of below average employees get bigger raises than their higher performing coworkers to "even out" the pay between employees in the same section), too many mediocre employees still have jobs when they should have been let go.

First and foremost, get rid of underperforming dead weight. Far too many of them still have jobs and don't perform to standard. Second, fix the promotion system. If you aren't part of the "good old boy" network, good luck getting promoted. Fix the pay raise system. Lackluster employees get better raises than their more skilled coworkers simply to even out everyone's pay. That creates resentment and doesn't provide an incentive to continue working at a higher level.

There are newer employer reviews for AAI Corporation