There are newer employer reviews for AAMCO

Worst Executives Ever. Complete Imbeciles.

Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager
Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager

I have been working at AAMCO

Pros

Middle Level employees get along well.
You get to drink...ALOT.
Pay is OK.

Cons

Executives micro manage.
Lot's of back stabbing in upper management. V.P.s, Directors, etc.
Executives are only looking out for themselves.
Franchisees hate the "Home Office." Especially down south.
HR guy is a tool.
They treat employees bad.

Before trying to tell someone how to run their business you should know how to run your own first.

23 Other Employee Reviews for AAMCO (View Most Recent)

OK PLACE TO WORK

I worked at AAMCO

Pros

Not a bad schedule for a repair facility. Mostly monday - friday and occasional Saturday. Management was decent and not berating toward employees.

Cons

Extremly high turnover rate. You could not develop an type of relationship with anyone because store managers and technicians are constantly changing.

Depending on the Franchise Owner(s), it can be awesome, or pure hell!

Former Employee - Center Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Center Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AAMCO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a center manager for two facilities for many years, I can tell you that if the owners and ad-pool contributors can simply get the phone to ring, and if YOU do your dob and ASK for referrals, you can (or at least used to) make som serious income here. Our centers enjoyed a very high authorization rate, a high invoice count, and I worked with our vendors to allows us deeper discounts and better price points. If your R&R crew and builders can do the job, you can deliver the units and collect a good check. Corporate involvement was good while not being over-bearing, and the owner can make or break your center

Cons

Lets face it, you are dealing with angry depressed people every day that typically believe that you are out to rake them over the coals. If you don't have a strong stomach for customer service, and a strong sales background this job may not be for you.

It may be vastly different now, as I was at my centers many years ago. (last year there was 2000)
    Advice to owners: Allow the center managers to do the job you hired them to do. If you want to control all aspects of the business, do not hire a professional sales and customer service manager.

There are newer employer reviews for AAMCO

Worked for AAMCO? Contribute to the Community!