There are newer employer reviews for AAPC Publishing

Avoid this company at all costs.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at AAPC Publishing

Pros

The information they publish is helpful.

Cons

Very volatile environment. 80% turnover annually for at least the past several years.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect.

reviews filtered by
  1. Don't Waste Your Time or Effort Here

I worked at AAPC Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Respected authors in the field of autism. Could be a great company with lots of growth potential if owned and managed by the right people.

Cons

There is literally nothing good to say about this company. It is a total joke and a nightmare to work there. Ownership / Management is living in another reality. Company completely lacks any sign of ethics, intelligent leadership, procedures and processes. It's like they just woke up one day and decided to play store. The arrogance, abuse, laziness, and downright nutty behaviors that go on here is unbelievable to anyone who hasn't witnessed it firsthand. RUN, don't walk away from this place.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who actually cares about autism. Seriously, you are doing a great disservice to your authors, to anyone challenged by autism, and to unsuspecting people looking for work.

Verbal Abuse, Nepotism, and Rampant Turnover. Don't do it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at AAPC Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really aren't any. This place is an absolute joke masquerading as a good cause. And one that isn't very good at making at money.

Actually there is one--If you work here you won't be fired. What will happen is that you will be ostracized and verbally abused to the point that you will want to quit--all so they won't have to give you a raise. Beware. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Cons

The lack of empathy or care shown for employees here is for absence of a better word--shocking. I continued to take on more and more responsibility throughout my time there only to be met with more and more instances of nepotism and verbal abuse--namely from the owner.

What I did see here was rampant turnover, finger pointing, management verbally bashing employees behind their back, workplace double standards based on popularity, employees pitted against each other, employees being told they're brainless, employees having doors shut in their faces (literally), a lack of any workplace structure, a bait-and-switch hiring process, and CONSTANT distractions including pets and children in the workplace.

I was never given a formal job description, orientation, or training of any kind (these are things that are a necessity at most normal employers)--only to be told repeatedly that I'm not doing my job despite my continuous efforts to improve my performance. Here is an almost direct quote from HR from the day I was hired regarding the employee handbook: "You can read this or not, I really don't give a damn."

Advice to Management

These people aren't qualified for the positions they are in. My advice would be to wake up and quit living in denial.