AAPC Publishing

www.aapcpublishing.net
  www.aapcpublishing.net
There are newer employer reviews for AAPC Publishing

Avoid this company at all costs.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at AAPC Publishing

Pros

The information they publish is helpful.

Cons

Very volatile environment. 80% turnover annually for at least the past several years.

Treat people with respect.

6 Other Employee Reviews for AAPC Publishing (View Most Recent)

Verbal Abuse, Nepotism, and Rampant Turnover. Don't do it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at AAPC Publishing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There really aren't any. This place is an absolute joke masquerading as a good cause. And one that isn't very good at making at money.

Actually there is one--If you work here you won't be fired. What will happen is that you will be ostracized and verbally abused to the point that you will want to quit--all so they won't have to give you a raise. Beware. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Cons

The lack of empathy or care shown for employees here is for absence of a better word--shocking. I continued to take on more and more responsibility throughout my time there only to be met with more and more instances of nepotism and verbal abuse--namely from the owner.

What I did see here was rampant turnover, finger pointing, management verbally bashing employees behind their back, workplace double standards based on popularity, employees pitted against each other, employees being told they're brainless, employees having doors shut in their faces (literally), a lack of any workplace structure, a bait-and-switch hiring process, and CONSTANT distractions including pets and children in the workplace.

I was never given a formal job description, orientation, or training of any kind (these are things that are a necessity at most normal employers)--only to be told repeatedly that I'm not doing my job despite my continuous efforts to improve my performance. Here is an almost direct quote from HR from the day I was hired regarding the employee handbook: "You can read this or not, I really don't give a damn."

These people aren't qualified for the positions they are in. My advice would be to wake up and quit living in denial.

The worst experience of my 15 year professional career!

I worked at AAPC Publishing

Pros

None...if I could rate it 0 stars it would have been to good

Cons

Management, rampant turnover, and a bait and switch hiring process

Fire yourself