AARP
www.aarp.org Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

My experience was wonder. A great place to work

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsAll access to resources that will be helpful as I will be 50 someday, tuition assistance program, participating in Day of Service and the people. Great people to spend 8 hours of your day with.

ConsThe downside was when they changed the policy on snow days. They used to follow the Federal government policy. But soon after the big snow storm we had a couple years ago , they decided to change the policy. It really isn't a big deal when you have leave available to take a snow day.

Advice to Senior ManagementI realize decisions that are made may be good or necessary for the company's best interest; but I wonder if what's good for the employees is ever discussed.

As ane Employment Specialist I'm kept busy finding jobs for program participants.

Employment Specialist (Current Employee)
    Lancaster, PA

I have been working at AARP part-time for more than a year

Pros: It's very satisfying when you find jobs for Participants in the Senior Community Service Employment Program. You're often called on to help people 55 and… Cons: The program only lasts for four (4) years and the pay is the pits but that bwcause the SCSEP is paid for by the U.S.… Advice to Senior Management: Raise the hourly rate of pay. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at AARP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The company has really great benefits. Cons: Starting to feel more like a for profit company Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AARP.

Worked for AARP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AARP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AARP CEO Jo Ann Jenkins . All reviews posted anonymously by AARP employees.