ABB Group

www.abb.com

low

Current Employee - Applications Engineer  in  Warminster, PA
Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Warminster, PA

Pros

good balance of work and life
no OT required
worklord is reasonable,
people are friendly

Cons

Management competency is low
job security is low

should recognize that employees add value to the company development, and keep employees other than lay off people often

Other reviews for ABB Group

I'm happy, but as anywhere, could be improvements

Current Employee - Associate  in  Wickliffe, OH
    Current Employee - Associate in Wickliffe, OH

Pros

Training and development opportunities are widely available and encouraged. Even with the current economic trends, top management supports these initiatives. Corporate culture is supportive, and the company is trying to encourage employees to work beyond traditional lines. However, with such a big company, the silo effect is definitely still prevalent. I have been lucky enough to work with a great team and meet a lot of nice people. They are willing to help and have reasonable expectations. I feel that I am valued and my work makes an impact. I appreciate the opportunity I have been given to work at ABB.

Cons

I really have not gotten enough feedback from my manager. There is just so much going on within the company and our department. I know there are priorities above that, but I feel like I get lost in the mix sometimes. I feel like I could grow a lot more with better feedback. With a global company, there is a priority on alignment, which can be frustrating at times, but ultimately helpful. Because we are such a big company, even regionally, my team is spread out which can make our work a little difficult because I can't just go next door.

Continue to be transparent about the direction the company is moving towards

ABB is a very competitive and respectable place of employment.

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

Pros

The pay scale seems very competitive and fair. 401k, pension plan, vision, dental and health! Coworkers are always willing to support if needed. The managers are all former Field Service Personnel and know what it takes to get the job done.

Cons

The travel for my particular job is significant. Not good for someone with close family ties. There is a just get the customer taken care of mentality with no regard for the employee needs.

Listen to the needs and concerns of your employees. Some of the low people actually have some helpful things to add.

There are newer employer reviews for ABB Group.

Worked for ABB Group? Contribute to the Community!