ABB

www.abb.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for ABB

ABB is a great company to grow professionally

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Jefferson City, MO
Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Jefferson City, MO

I have been working at ABB

Pros

ABB is a very large company where employees have opportunity to grow, either
in the same area or into something else. It is a great place to grow professionally.
However, it may not have many opportunities available for promotios within the same
branch one is at, so at times, to move forward, it is necessary to move within the industry
to other cities / plants.

Cons

It depends in which city the company is located at and the culture of the people.
ABB sells itself as a company that welcomes / accepts diversity. However, when
you are inside the company, if you think different or come from a culture which
is different from the culture of the city the company is located at, it might be very
challeging for them to accept you and incorporate you into their culture.
At times I felt discriminated for the treatment I was receiving from being from a
different country and having different beliefs. The way they advertise diversity
is very different that what it is in the real life.

To focus on developing the people. Spend time in creating a nice environment for employees
who work inside the company. Have appreciation for people's work, encourage people
to move forward. It pays off, the results will show!

676 Other Employee Reviews for ABB (View Most Recent)

ABB is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Front End Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Front End Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ABB

Pros

A career at ABB is what you make of it. If you have a great deal of drive and initiative, you'll be allowed to pursue any opportunities and/or roles you desire. My experience has been quite positive and I feel I've been given the opportunity to pursue any interests I have. Additionally, as someone who has held several different roles in different business units, it's great to be able to move around in ABB with little effort from a systems and IT perspective. Regardless where you are in the world and working for ABB, most of the IT systems are relatively the same.

Cons

Any company of this size has communication challenges. In the past 5 years most of the boundaries within ABB have come down and improvements are being made. However, I firmly believe that any organization has room to improve its communication. I would like to see objectives set for the business as a whole so all functions are heading in the same direction and working towards the same goals. Too often it seems each factory, function or business unit has their own marching orders which conflict at times. As I mentioned earlier, it's improved considerably but still has room to grow if we really want ABB firing on all cylinders.

I would like to see more openly communicated strategic objectives which are defined, measured and worked towards.

Multi-National Powerhouse Operates with the Energy of a Startup

Current Employee - Account Manager / Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager / Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at ABB

Pros

Management team is composed of mature, experienced, open communicators who provide a lot of independence to employees. All interaction with the executive team has been remarkably natural, without the posturing and positional power-plays I've experienced elsewhere. With the exception of a couple of conspicuous duds, fellow employees are very professional, helpful, hard working, and solid team participants. Company's product technology and engineering capabilities are top notch.

Cons

It sometimes feels as though various elements of divisional and corporate management are not well aligned in their priorities and expectations. Cooperation between business units could be stronger. Employee coaching and career planning could be more active and transparent.

Find a way to make compensation more competitive, even if it means implementing an effective pay-for-performance plan that enables payroll to be managed down during a business downturn. Develop more consistent and effective practices for providing employee coaching and performance feedback. When you provide incentive pay, make sure performance metrics are aligned with with what employees are

There are newer employer reviews for ABB