ABB (United States)

www.abb.us

Excellent company from technical point of view, benefits, and work relationships

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Unlimitted possibilities for technical growth, but still enough time for personal and family life.

Cons

The salary increases subjected to company-wide limits.

In my opinion, the company should invest more in new technologies and be the leader from the point of view of research and development, and not only from the point of view of sales.

Other reviews for ABB (United States)

Great culture; exciting work

Former Employee - Senior Research Scientist  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Working at ABB US Corporate Research was great. The research was all geared towards improving the products developed by ABB and the people were great to work with. It's an international company, so collaboration with people in other countries was encouraged and often made for better products.

Cons

There could be more grooming of technical researchers into research managers.

The treatment of technical professionals has been good...It'll be good to see more (software) technical researchers given the opportunity to lead.

Overall a good place to develop a career

Former Employee - Proposal Engineer  in  Wickliffe, OH
    Former Employee - Proposal Engineer in Wickliffe, OH

Pros

Big company with lots of opportunities
    Corporate culture is very accommodating
    Pay and benefits are above par
    Depending on your area of work, there is a good work life balance. Most of the divisions in the company follow Flex-time.
    Actively involved in charity/philanthrophy within the community

Cons

I cant say these as the negatives of the company. But these are definitely the negatives of the Wickliffe, OH leadership.
    The top leadership seemed indecisive - in the three years that I worked there, they "changed" their "market and business strategy" three times. Every year it was introduced as the best thing for the company going forward. It seemed like the management are playing the trial-and-error game.
    Because of this, lot of talented ppl in the Sales force left the company to work for competitors.
    The inevitable layoffs could have been handled better. When I was laid off, there were openings for a similar position in other parts of the USA. Instead of applying as an internal candidate or an internal interview for a transfer, I was asked to first wait for my last day and then apply as an external candidate. I am sure others had a similar experience.

It would help to have a good well-thought strategic vision and stick to it. I understand that the environment that we do business in is ever changing but that does not mean we keep "reorganizing" every year. If you implement a process or a change, give it some time to sink the roots.
    The cleveland office has good managers but not a capable leader!!!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for ABB (United States).

Worked for ABB (United States)? Contribute to the Community!