ABC Imaging
www.abcimaging.com Washington, DC 500 to 999 Employees

Can Gain a lot of experience fast but it is a Horrible, Horrible, Horrible Place to work

FM Engineer (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging

ProsIf you work in IT you pretty much get thrown to the wolves fast and you get to learn a lot in the process. They have a lot of under appreciated great workers. You can gain a lot of experience with printers/servers really fast, but you will have to learn on your own

ConsWell this is going to be a much more expansive list than the Pros. Most importantly there are a lot of incredible people that have been working for a while, but instead of appreciating these people they are taken advantage of over worked, way under paid and under appreciated. When I was there we would regularly work 80 to over 100 hours a week and receive no overtime bonus or even a pat on the back. There is a lot of travel involved, but they make the travel as miserable as possible. They only give you 40 dollars a day to spend in New York, LA or Kansas City. If you end up driving your own car they only pay 30 cents a mile (That is if they ever pay you). They will not pay for rental cars even if one is necessary and turning in expense reports is such a chore that I have known people to eat the cost rather than to just turn it in.

When I was there they constantly hired people who didn't understand the business to manage positions that they knew nothing about rather than hiring from within. There was one year where I went through 4 Managers and each one was worse than the next. Finally they had someone working production managing the IT department. That was the last straw for me.

Benefits are non existent. If you have a family you have to pay over 1000 (that's over a thousand) out of pocket for just insurance. Many people in the company don't even make that much a month.

The owner has a bill of rights that states that the company answer is always yes to client demands, but at the same time the owner and management tell the workers that they need to to convince the client what they should want. If that doesn't make sense to you I thought the same thing the first time I heard it.

The ownership and management are big believers in one sided loyalty. All employees must remain loyal to the company while management and the ownership cut pay by 7 % indiscriminately lay people off, treat people like dirt, and hire people from outside with no experience in the industry to tell the people that have been keeping the company going how things should be done. Forgot to mention that the company had to cut pay during hard economic times for all employees, but at the same time they had money to open up offices in Denver and Philadelphia which were bound to lose money on top of all of the money that would have to be dumped in to purchase the new shops.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake UP!!!
I would ask management to think about how many talented hard working loyal employees have to leave before you realize you can't treat everyone like dirt and expect the world out of them. There has to be some give and take and not all take and no give.

Great

FM Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ABC Imaging

Pros: Pay,PTO,No overtime,Competant staff, Fm Site no micro managing Cons: Slow on raises, Raises non existent Advice to Senior Management: The economy is not hurting ABC Imaging. We open at new loactions acroos the United States and abroad. I am growing tired if companies using… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

no raise in 3 yrs + 7% cut in pay= discouraged work ethic by all

Management (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at ABC Imaging

Pros: A paycheck is the only pro. And some of the… Cons: Well the company doesnt compensate employees. reviews stopped & no matter what your performance is- you will not be rewareded. Management doesnt listen. frequent phone… Advice to Senior Management: PAY YOUR STAFF! Give reviews. Give incentive for people to STAY with ABC. It looks bad when turn over of staff is high & frequent!!!… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ABC Imaging.

Worked for ABC Imaging? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ABC Imaging reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ABC Imaging CEO Medi Falsafi. All reviews posted anonymously by ABC Imaging employees.