ABC Imaging

www.abcimaging.com

Big company but management takes the time to know you

Multiple In Various Cities (Former Employee)

ProsManagement takes the time to know you. They learn your strengths and are willing to discuss better utilization of your skills. They look out for your potential. Make it very easy to network and interact with all levels of employees around the world, helping solve problems efficiently. Opportunities to take on different roles are endless and very attainable.

Some employees complain about management sending them parts and instructions instead of calling in a technician and say things like "this isn't my job" but I loved this practice, I got to learn a lot and worked with some extremely skilled people in the industry from all around the world, they took the time to know which employee had specific talents and put you in touch with them and you others.

Brainstorming ideas on how to do a job that has never been done before with peers everywhere was a huge benefit and I think their strongest asset is the individual talent and skill sharing, streamline this with current technology and hands down this would be the best place to learn any part of the industry.

ConsNot flexible with home life. Pay is generally on the low side of industry. Promotions and raises are on a slower pace than industry standards (not the same as opportunities, they are very willing to give you a chance to learn and change positions, just not with a promotion).

ABC is a quantity over quality business model, anything to get the job done on time so you find yourself not using the right tools for the job.

Unwilling to keep up with the changing technology and future of print industry, so don't expect to be in any part of cutting edge industry changes. There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm sure from their business standpoint it makes the most sense. It's the same idea as running a car over 300k miles until you absolutely have to replace it, and then going out and buying the same car used with 250k miles on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your eyes on the talent you have and further utilize and integrate skills from around the globe, don's start with a forum now, jump ahead and use a private social network collaboration & community platform to connect all the incredible talent you have.

As the world of Print declines embrace the new changes and get better software developers that can keep up with the market. Create ways for clients to use their stored data easier, on a cloud, make it accessible on the tools they use like phones and tablets, they will order more the better you show them their product.

Be more realistic with work/home life of your employees. Not everyone can work late nights all the time, life changes may change someones flexibility for a time. Expecting employees to give you extra time and when the time comes when they need a period of flexibility is denied flatly is unfair.

Horrible work experience.....

Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for less than a year

Pros: Worked with some great knowledgeable people at the Production Shops Cons: Company could never pay me on time(live check)....Could never get paid for Mileage expenses and would always try to bargain it down, to the point… Advice to Senior Management: The advice I can give ABC is that they need to treat their employees better. It's a give and take… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The good, the bad and the ugly . . .

Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: They are the best at what they do, great people… Cons: Spotting problems and fixing them is always a good thing, but creating problems, blaming staff and chastising… Advice to Senior Management: Go out of your way to create a different environment that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ABC Imaging.

Worked for ABC Imaging? Contribute to the Community!