There are newer employer reviews for ABC Imaging

Slightly volatile environment due to upper management's temperaments, but great middle management & reliable co-workers.

Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

progressive, creative thinking encouraged; supportive team members and good social atmosphere; hard work gets recognized; there's always something new to learn about or get involved with/ always interesting

Cons

upper management is extremely passionate and inspiring, but tends to micro-manage other people's direct reports which leads to miscommunications

Advice to Management

Hire a management team you can trust, rely on, and that's as forward thinking and passionate as you, then sit back a little to let them bring their offerings to the table. You must be able to trust their talents to lead your entire team. If you do, they will exceed your expectations... mutual respect.

Other Employee Reviews for ABC Imaging

1. Big company but management takes the time to know you

Former Employee - Multiple In Various Cities
    Former Employee - Multiple In Various Cities

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management takes the time to know you. They learn your strengths and are willing to discuss better utilization of your skills. They look out for your potential. Make it very easy to network and interact with all levels of employees around the world, helping solve problems efficiently. Opportunities to take on different roles are endless and very attainable. Some employees complain about management sending them parts and instructions instead of calling in a technician and say things like "this isn't my job" but I loved this practice, I got to learn a lot and worked with some extremely skilled people in the industry from all around the world, they took the time to know which employee had specific talents and put you in touch with them and you others. Brainstorming ideas on how to do a job that has never been done before with peers everywhere was a huge benefit and I think their strongest asset is the individual talent and skill sharing, streamline this with current technology and hands down this would be the best place to learn any part of the industry.

Cons

Not flexible with home life. Pay is generally on the low side of industry. Promotions and raises are on a slower pace than industry standards (not the same as opportunities, they are very willing to give you a chance to learn and change positions, just not with a promotion). ABC is a quantity over quality business model, anything to get the job done on time so you find yourself not using the right tools for the job. Unwilling to keep up with the changing technology and future of print industry, so don't expect to be in any part of cutting edge industry changes. There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm sure from their business standpoint it makes the most sense. It's the same idea as running a car over 300k miles until you absolutely have to replace it, and then going out and buying the same car used with 250k miles on it.

Advice to Management

Keep your eyes on the talent you have and further utilize and integrate skills from around the globe, don's start with a forum now, jump ahead and use a private social network collaboration & community platform to connect all the incredible talent you have. As the world of Print declines embrace the new changes and get better software developers that can keep up with the market. Create ways for clients to use their stored data easier, on a cloud, make it accessible on the tools they use like phones and tablets, they will order more the better you show them their product. Be more realistic with work/home life of your employees. Not everyone can work late nights all the time, life changes may change someones flexibility for a time. Expecting employees to give you extra time and when the time comes when they need a period of flexibility is denied flatly is unfair.

Horrible work experience.....

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked with some great knowledgeable people at the Production Shops

Cons

Company could never pay me on time(live check)....Could never get paid for Mileage expenses and would always try to bargain it down, to the point where you just give up on it. The .30 a mile is a joke for you actually may get about .05 after all the back and forth on fighting for it. They expect Salary employees to work 60-80 hours a week and not be able to take an hour off early here or there to compensate all the OT. They actually tried to dock me an hour for leaving one day early, even though I was a Salary employee. They kept telling me I had to use a PTO hour for it. They treat their employees like crap and expect them to give them their life and not give anything back. Everyone I worked with there, wanted out and was willing to go to another company taking a paycut, if needed. If this keeps going, you will not only lose employees, but also clients! Micro-Management to the 100th degree!

Advice to Management

The advice I can give ABC is that they need to treat their employees better. It's a give and take relationship and one can't always be giving and the other taking, if so, it will always end in a bitter divorce.