ABF Freight

www.abfs.com
  www.abfs.com
There are newer employer reviews for ABF Freight

ABF best freight company to work for

Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ABF Freight

Pros

Sound management, debt free, good benefits and strong vision for the future. Ahead of the game on technology for dock workers, good regular equipment upgrades.

Cons

Stressful due to service commitments... outside open dock environment. Challenging to find market share due to competition and rising fuel costs.

Focus more on pension/insurance for non contract employees future retirement.

84 Other Employee Reviews for ABF Freight (View Most Recent)

ABF - Laid off . . . AGAIN

Current Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ABF Freight

Pros

Great pay when and if you can work.

Cons

Getting laid off all the time! When you come back to work you have to work eight weeks before insurance kicks in and then you get laid off again!!! This has been going on for three years. I am a professional driver. I have a family and a rather large mortgage. I have worked two days in the past two weeks. I am sitting by the phone waiting for a load all the time. I have been there for ABF when they called but where are they now? I am sure another lay off is in the works. Who can live like this? Why did you hire me for a full time job if you are going to treat me like a casual/temp employee. I feel used and very dissatisfied with ABF at this time. Where is the turn around Mr. Davidson has talked about? Where is the overnight freight? Where is my life???

I am not a casual employee - please don't call me back for three months of work. This has been going on for three years. I am a 42 year old man with a family. I am a professional driver. No accidents or tickets. Drivers are transferring into Atlanta from other terminals and being placed on the roster above me. I can't catch a break with this company. Where is all the freight?

This was very short

Current Employee - Driver in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Driver in Miami, FL

I have been working at ABF Freight

Pros

No stress, GOOD PAY, and bennies

Cons

Long hours, no food or drinks

Have more parties