ACCO Brands

There are newer employer reviews for ACCO Brands

Both pros & cons here

Current Employee - Designer in Sidney, NY
Current Employee - Designer in Sidney, NY

I have been working at ACCO Brands full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

An empowered workforce, with not much micro-managing. A great group of people to work with. Good teamwork, good culture. An amazing range of talent across both white and blue collar jobs.

Cons

We produce paper based office planning products. A declining market means a declining workforce. It can be difficult to maintain a good work/life balance with the workload that results. Restructuring has been painful for all.

Keep looking for new ways to help people improve their work/life balance, and keep working to keep communication open.

93 Other Employee Reviews for ACCO Brands (View Most Recent)

ACCO has been a great experience.

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Kettering, OH
    Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Kettering, OH

I have been working at ACCO Brands as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Good office culture, everyone works together well, diverse workforce, treat interns well, lots of teamwork. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming, great environment. Really enjoy the work I'm doing. Seems like a great place to begin a career.

Cons

There are a lot of layoffs through the transition of the acquisition of MWV to ACCO. There are a lot of things up in the air, and people seem to not know what is going on. Company morale is kind of low.

Be more intentional about communicating to the lower employees.

My career with ACCO was very rewarding.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at ACCO Brands full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I learned a great deal from various positions I held. Exposure to numerous facets of the business both internal and external helped me to grow and obtain knowledge I previously did not possess. The people employed there are an asset and great to work with.

Cons

The economy has hit the office products industry hard. ACCO has been one to experience such a down turn.

Do not lose sight of the core values that made ACCO. Changes also offer opportunity to reinvent yourself within the marketplace.

There are newer employer reviews for ACCO Brands