ACDI/VOCA
www.acdivoca.org Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very supportive for young professionals

Deputy Director (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsGreat opportunities for travel and experience if you demonstrate competency. On the technical side a strong group of senior staff with established reputations in the field and a depth and diversity of projects in the portfolio. Internal management systems could be better, but are still ahead of other organizations in the field that I have worked for.

ConsVery conservative management which is risk and change averse. This can lead to slow adaptation to the changing field of international development. Experiences from practice area to practice area can vary widely in terms of satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify portfolio of donors.

Good working environment, hires good people, hard to move up"

I have been working at ACDI/VOCA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - knowledgeable people dedicated to their work - great network of… Cons: - hard to move up - segmentation can lead to less… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company, lots of opportunities to grow.

Deputy Director (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at ACDI/VOCA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The people are fantastic, and the culture is very positive, with an emphasis on collegiality and personal growth. You will learn the ins and outs… Cons: Like many companies in international development, there is a heavy emphasis on winning new business with USAID… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work, but try and integrate support… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ACDI/VOCA.

Worked for ACDI/VOCA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ACDI/VOCA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ACDI/VOCA CEO Carl H. Leonard. All reviews posted anonymously by ACDI/VOCA employees.