ACE Group

There are newer employer reviews for ACE Group

Senior Underwriter

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ACE Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong financials, good bonus structure

Cons

Upper management is not quick to rectify poor middle management.

More anonymous surveys of employees regarding middle management. If middle management is poor, your upper management employee pipeline will suffer and soon your middle management.

35 Other Employee Reviews for ACE Group (View Most Recent)

It's a commercial insurance company - So they don't care about marketing, which makes sense.

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ACE Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Marketing communications here is a sad place to be. No real growth opportunity. I think it is actually a decent place to work if you are in claims or have some other actual insurance related type position. For marketing communications, not so much. They don't spend much or care too much about marketing, and what they do spend seems to be waisted on unnecessary events that have no ROI tracking. It's old school marketing the whole way and there isn't much actual marketing going on at that. PR (one person) and events. The rest is just sales support.

If you are part of management I'm sure it's not a bad place to be. Keep on keeping on I guess.

Great Company but compensation should be better

Current Employee - Senior IT Auditor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior IT Auditor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ACE Group

Pros

ACE has a strong senior management team, is a young company, a solid financial record, a good 401k match and contribution

Cons

ACE compensates low compared to competition, typical politics of a large corporation, very small annual pay increases, difficult to move up unless you put in crazy hours. Some managers care more about how long you are in the office vs quality of work put out.

Pay needs to come up to market to slow turn over, hiring needs to improve. ACE seems to aim to operate a little short staffed.

There are newer employer reviews for ACE Group