ACE Group

www.acegroup.com

Clueless Technology Management

Technology Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsA challenging and financially rewarding place to work. If you are aggressive and deliver results you will move up. The 401k plan is outstanding for employees that have been around since 2006, but very average for newer hires.

ConsThis review pertains specifically to the IT organization. The Leadership consists of an absolutely clueless group of dinosaurs who have no business guiding a major F500 organization's Technical Vision. Many of them have no background in Technology, so not only are they not respected by the people that work for them, but the decisions they make have horrendous consequences for the organization. Case in point... In response to the Great Recession, the organization decided to outsource development jobs to reduce development costs. The result has been paralytic. The simplest of projects take 2-3 times longer and cost more than they did before. The vendors they selected can't deliver developers, so they are forced to go on the market to find the priciest consultants available. Result: more expense.. More stakeholder dissatisfaction... Longer development timelines.
Second... To reduce operating costs, they decided to go to an open office concept. Their idea of open office is to not have assigned seats.. In a floor with only available seating for 80% of the staff. The result .. As you may imagine is chaos. Result: staff working from home, longer timelines, stakeholder dissatisfaction.

Is it any wonder that staff are unhappy and the Business Stakeholders view IT as the place where projects go to die?

It's never a good sign when the CIO doesn't even know how to create a PowerPoint presentation. I'll maintain his COBOL skills are of little use in 2014, if he can't relate with his staff nor understand the devastating consequences of the choices he's made for the organization are.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvan... It's time to view technology as a business differentiator and not as an operating expense. You can't be happy with the state of Technology at ACE. Get rid of Technical Leadership that have absolutely no clue how to run an IT Organization. Trim the fat.

Project Mangager

Manager (Current Employee) New Phila, PA

I have been working at ACE Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great people, benefits and compensation. It is a great… Cons: I do not have any cons Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Catastrophe Modeling Analyst

Catastrophe Modeling Analyst (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ACE Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Team members are collaborative and helpful. Share knowledge with each… Cons: None; almost nothing to pick on. Extremely long hours during… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ACE Group.

Worked for ACE Group? Contribute to the Community!