There are newer employer reviews for ACE

I learned a ridiculous amount about myself and my capabilities as an outdoor enthusiast!

Former Intern - Professional Development Intern in Santa Cruz, CA
Former Intern - Professional Development Intern in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at ACE as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Work outside, contribute to your environment, meet people from all over the world with similar goals and ambitions. See the most beautiful places you can imagine, and help visitors to appreciate the site as well by improving trails, removing invasive plant species, and restoring habitats to their original state.

Cons

Lack of privacy, and very nomadic lifestyle. Have to learn to trust yourself and others to be honest and courteous, even when inclement weather and physical labor is tearing you down.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A company that is growing too fast for its own good.

Former Employee - Professional Development Intern in Santa Cruz, CA
    Former Employee - Professional Development Intern in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at ACE

Pros

Very friendly atmosphere. Good for networking. You work in beautiful locations. The work is also rather varied so you get experience with many jobs.

Cons

Very disorganized. They seem to be growing faster than they can keep up with organization. This leads to a lot of problems.

Advice to Management

They need to take a step back and try to organize themselves better before further expansion otherwise they may not be around too long.

2. Good benefits

I worked at ACE

Pros

Excellent benefits and further education opportunities. Great training ground for students and a great place to expand your professional network.

Cons

Mediocre management. Managers need to be trained in management and not just the technical aspects of the job. People take things personally - it is business!

Advice to Management

Need to work on bringing the day to day culture in line with the written culture and values of the organization.