There are newer employer reviews for ACES

This is a place where you go in thinking you'll make a difference and come out exhausted by incompetence and red tape.

I worked at ACES

Pros

Everyone working there is passionate about what they do and are generally upbeat and kind. This is more of a vocation that a job. There is always a story behind why people are there and it ends with wanting to helps others.

Cons

Everyone is overworked and this leads to being burnt out and willing to cut corners. Starting out no one really understands what they are going into. It's a lot of extra unpaid work and a "no" on any extra task given is taken as a sign that you don't have, or want what it takes to get promoted.

Biggest piece of advice is communication. Management should listen to employees, and not wait until people are threatening or actually jumping ship to try and fix things.

32 Other Employee Reviews for ACES (View Most Recent)

Rewarding career

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ACES full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture and staff are amazing! I have met countless people who have become life long friends. The work ACES does with the children and families we serve is extremely rewarding and fulfilling. I have been offered many promotions over the years that I have been an employee, which has continued to advance my career. They offer competitive salaries, good benefits, and a great company culture.

Cons

We have been through a lot of changes over the past year, but those seem to be stabilizing. The hours can be draining at times, with late nights and some weekends. However, this seems to be the norm for the field.

Continue to listen to the staff and make changes accordingly. The BIs especially are on the front lines providing the services. We should listen to their input.

Behavioral Interventionist

I worked at ACES part-time

Pros

Everyone is really nice and genuinely caring, they have fun monthly activities.
    Company values are great! if you are starting don't hesitate to ask coworkers if you have doubts they are always ready to help out. Supervisors are very knowledgable and easy to talk to.
    Competitive starting hourly wage.

Cons

They sometimes give very few hours of work, you would need to be patient as you start getting more clients.
    You will need to travel a lot, some traveling is compensated.
    Parents sometimes cancel appointments or end sessions early.

There are newer employer reviews for ACES

Worked for ACES? Contribute to the Community!