There are newer employer reviews for ACES

Great experience, insightful trainings, great administrators and supervisors

I worked at ACES

Pros

Great environment
Respectful co workers
Supervisors listen to your problems

Cons

Kids can be difficult
Benefits are not great

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Former BI-not impressed

Former Employee - Behavior Interventionist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Behavior Interventionist in San Diego, CA

I worked at ACES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Working with kids
    -relationship with the families
    -making a difference

Cons

-the BI does all the "dirty work" while the supervisors cash in.
    - not enough hours, mainly afternoon shifts
    -families can cancel sessions anytime and that leaves the BIs without pay.
    -they say they pay BIs for travel but its only between shifts and the compensation is minimal. If you don't have shifts schedule back to back you don't gat paid for travel.
    -the hourly pay is not good. I have a BS and am a certified teacher in another state yet I got paid the same (if not less than those who have been there longer) than a college student.
    -when I was a sub in the Academy, it was so disorganized!! There were no activities planned .....the only activity they did was the "volcano" and the kids had seen it plenty of times.

Advice to Management

-better pay for BIs since they do more work than the supervisors.
    -PLEASE, for the kids' sake, be more creative and plan stimulating activities
    -ACES needs to focus on the kids' needs. They seem to be more concerned with $ than making a difference.

ACES is more focused on making money than helping children!

Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in San Diego, CA

I worked at ACES part-time

Pros

- Satisfying job, especially when you see your kids improving!

Cons

- Big company. You're just a number as a BI.

-Having a bachelors degree to work as a BI is not requirement at ACES. Those who went to college will be paid the same as a BI who is still in school.

-Case supervisors for the most part are VERY unorganized. Probably because they are over-worked.

- It's almost impossible to get cases. You can also lose cases and are not offered a replacement case to make up for lost hours.

-No gas reimbursement and they try to limit your drive time in between cases so they don't have to pay BI's anything extra.

-- I have had several paychecks arrive late in the mail.

-One month, money was TAKEN out of my paycheck because my family canceled and I was not able to get the mandatory signatures for my time sheets.

Advice to Management

-There are a lot of very good BI's at your company who are quitting because they cannot afford to work for you. I'd recommend to stop hiring so many BI's and look at the ones you currently have who want hours.

-Hire more case supervisors because a lot of them are over-worked and have no idea what is going on.

-Communication between the BI's and scheduler needs to drastically improve. Once again, good BI's are quitting because the scheduler doesn't give them enough cases. However, there must be enough cases available because ACES continues hiring more and more BI's.

- Current case supervisors need to be more organized.

- It is illegal to take money out of a paycheck for hours worked because time sheets are not in on time.