Well-intended chaos

Former Employee - Staffing Manager
Former Employee - Staffing Manager

I worked at ACT-1 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team environment, most of the time. The Branch Manager is very nice and very professional

Cons

Constant changes in priorities, held accountable to impossible metrics that the managers themselves can't meet. Constant adminstrative reporting to track numbers make it impossible to get the truly important work done. Catty, petty behavior permitted, even engaged in by senior-level people.

Advice to Management

Insist that all management act professionally and don't engage in office favoritism. Figure out a way to keep Corporate happy and keep the heavy report burden off the backs of your producers

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. would never work a contract with them again

Former Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Redmond, WA
    Former Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Redmond, WA

I worked at ACT-1 as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

weekly pay - access to Microsoft contracts

Cons

They told me numerous incorrect information about retention bonuses, vacation pay. A little after I started my contract I figured out that they pay much lower then the other staffing companies staffing the same positions and I asked for a raise and they gave me a .50 cent raise. come to find out 3 months later, they had never applied it to my paycheck. They took care of it an back paid me but they just don't have a grip on what they are doing. As I was nearing the completion of my 9 month contract they never even bothered to contact me regarding help to find another position.
    They only came one time to visit with me and check in because I had multiple problems and I was half way through my contract.

Advice to Management

Act professional, follow up with your candidates, set better expectations that you can live up to.

Overall time well-spent

I have been working at ACT-1 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of nice, caring, and hard working people at this company. With some exceptions, many of the C levels are approachable and open to ideas on how to improve services to customers and the companies as a whole. Not overly competitive internally (I've seen much worse.). Relaxed atmosphere, except when there are customer emergencies. Learned a great deal about business and human relations/customer service while here.

Cons

Some necessary internal changes could come sooner. Your supervisor will determine how well you fair, your team's dynamic, and possibly your level of happiness. If you are lucky to have one who is good to you/advocates for you, competent at what he or she does and be willing to train you, be thankful. Compensation and benefits could be better for some, while some people are paid well for their title, duties, and if they are not in "line jobs."

Advice to Management

Review job titles, duties, and compensation & benefits more often. Listen to people from the ground up more often because there are good ideas waiting to be heard. Engage in greater morale building and acknowledge contributions more frequently.