There are newer employer reviews for ACT-1

Don't accrue vacation, make you "borrow" from next year's vacation, give you lot of grief about it, too.

I have been working at ACT-1 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Part-time agency, corporate style... Oh, wait - it's a con!

Cons

You will be heavily recruited, but then once you are hired, you will not hear from anyone. Maybe get to partake in cheap lunch they bring once a year. Beware: they do not accrue vacation - it is "awarded" at the end of each year. This way they "lock you in" and discourage you from moving to a different agency, unless you do it right after your anniversary date. They will make you "borrow" from your next year's award (although it should be accrued), but then will deduct whatever you've taken from your last paycheck if you decide to leave them.

Advice to Management

Need to stop penny pinching and start actually caring about the workforce that you hire.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Well-intended chaos

Former Employee - Staffing Manager
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager

I worked at ACT-1 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team environment, most of the time. The Branch Manager is very nice and very professional

Cons

Constant changes in priorities, held accountable to impossible metrics that the managers themselves can't meet. Constant adminstrative reporting to track numbers make it impossible to get the truly important work done. Catty, petty behavior permitted, even engaged in by senior-level people.

Advice to Management

Insist that all management act professionally and don't engage in office favoritism. Figure out a way to keep Corporate happy and keep the heavy report burden off the backs of your producers

2. would never work a contract with them again

Former Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Redmond, WA
    Former Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Redmond, WA

I worked at ACT-1 as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

weekly pay - access to Microsoft contracts

Cons

They told me numerous incorrect information about retention bonuses, vacation pay. A little after I started my contract I figured out that they pay much lower then the other staffing companies staffing the same positions and I asked for a raise and they gave me a .50 cent raise. come to find out 3 months later, they had never applied it to my paycheck. They took care of it an back paid me but they just don't have a grip on what they are doing. As I was nearing the completion of my 9 month contract they never even bothered to contact me regarding help to find another position.
    They only came one time to visit with me and check in because I had multiple problems and I was half way through my contract.

Advice to Management

Act professional, follow up with your candidates, set better expectations that you can live up to.