Awesome Company Culture

Current Intern - Intern in Iowa City, IA
Current Intern - Intern in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at ACT (Iowa City) as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Approachable leadership team members, open cross-campus meetings/presentations, learning opportunities, on-campus dining area, meeting space, wi-fi, work-out facility, walking paths, etc. Flex-time built in for summer, etc.

Cons

Recently outsourced IT, slow transition. Corporate culture - slow decisions.

Advice to Management

Seek honest advice and feedback from your lowest-ranked and customer-facing employees. Follow that feedback.

Other Employee Reviews for ACT (Iowa City)

1. Great Potential and Rewarding Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at ACT (Iowa City) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work with some of the best co-workers! They make work a lot of fun! The benefits are the best in the area. The work/life balance is important to ACT and they do their best to make sure that every employee has the time they need. There are career opportunities here. ACT offers a lot of training classes, both classroom setting and online.

Cons

The salaries for non-exempt workers is a little low, but benefits help offset that for me. There are a few to many "bosses". Not every department gets the same opportunities because management does not push those opportunities the same way.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to morale in certain areas of the company. Those areas could be the reason our score is not higher.

I spent way too long there.

I worked at ACT (Iowa City) full-time

Pros

ACT has a nice cafeteria and the campus is very pretty. The benefits were good and the vacation time was generous. I learned a lot there earlier in my career. I enjoyed the people I worked with.

Cons

There is little to no room for advancement and creativity is not encouraged. It's a very top down organization, and you really don't have much real input into how things happen if you are below a certain pay grade.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Some of them have good ideas, even if they aren't paid as well as you.