ACT
www.act.org Iowa City, IA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Ran out of there screaming

Researcher (Former Employee)
Iowa City, IA

I worked at ACT

ProsWork life balance, job security, really nice colleagues, educated people. Great benefits, really generous relo package.

ConsSenior leadership has high turnover, pay is horrible, no opportunities for promotion, and they discourage creativity, innovation, and taking charge of one's own work and career.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more respect for employees, work towards actually growing the business as it makes a big impact on the state of Iowa's economy, stop being so controlling and worry about just making the organization more successful.

It is a great place to work if you are not a technical person and enjoy the atmosphere of a company in the 1950's.

Technical Project Manager (Former Employee)
Iowa City, IA

I worked at ACT

Pros: There is a high emphasis of ensuring work-life is balanced. The raw intelligence of the people at ACT… Cons: The company is stuck in the past and is very arrogant in regarding any suggestions for improvement. Their way is the best way and since… Advice to Senior Management: Embrace technology and recognized that the folks in IT have a lot to offer in terms of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Asosciate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ACT full-time

Pros: Atmosphere friends salary time desk Cons: Competition salary offices secretaries bosses Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ACT.

Worked for ACT? Contribute to the Community!

ACT – Why Work for Us?

The great people at ACT bring our mission to life. Our unique backgrounds, dedication to our mission and quirky personalities spark an eclectic mix of amazingly great people. The work we do at ACT ultimately results in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ACT reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ACT CEO Jon Whitmore . All reviews posted anonymously by ACT employees.