ACT

www.act.org

Field staff work at ACT is challenging, competitive, intense, and often times rewarding.

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsThe assessments are research based and there is value and meaning in what the results of ACT testing says and can mean for students, parents, schools, districts, and states interested in better preparing students for college and careers.

ConsPeople from outside of the current Iowa City leadership are limited to what they can contribute, how far they can advance, and what they can change/improve by way of leadership intimidation.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be change in leadership at the highest level in Client Relations. Cronyism is a destructive force and it is limiting growth and stymieing the true potential of ACT's best and brightest staff and contributors.

What Plan?

Project Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at ACT full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The ability to telecommute. Good salary and benefits. Cons: I was at this company for three years and every week there was a new plan, initiative, or person in charge of setting… Advice to Senior Management: Hire from within. Get to know your employees, particularly those not in Iowa City. Many have untapped education and experience that are valuable… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great job turned into a nightmare.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ACT full-time for more than a year

Pros: I would work there again if I was desperate and had a prescription… Cons: Clueless management, no plan for the future, the floor littered with failed projects. Death by a thousand project managers. Completely incapable of… Advice to Senior Management: Think about the business and the employees and see if you can't find a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on ACT.

Worked for ACT? Contribute to the Community!