There are newer employer reviews for ADG Creative

Another one bites the dust...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at ADG Creative full-time

Pros

The staff sitting on the front lines are all top notch human beings.

Cons

Management in the glass hallway has no clue. No advancement opportunities. Employee retention is low watch your co-workers disappear with no explanation.

Advice to Management

Stop firing good people with no explanation. Us who are left behind are feeling insecure, upset and angry. What are you trying to accomplish? What is the point? When will it stop? This place could be absolutely great, the talent is here. If only management actually listened to us and followed through with their "innovative" ideas.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A great stepping stone, even if not a 10+ year job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I worked at ADG Creative full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll build some great relationships at ADG, get your hands into amazing products that use some of the most futuristic display technologies in the field, work with lifer clients that would invite you to their child's birthday party, and have budgets that are unheard of at the typical commercial agency. I won't insult the place or the people by ranking the frivolous perks up here as most important, but I will include the hosted professional events by AIGA and other industry greats as mentionable boons.

Cons

The larger retention issues tend to be around professional growth. ADG's been trying to resolve that issue with new review processes, but it still remains. The eager staff who come through are amazing at what they do, are enamored with the office for the first year, then suffer waning interest as they begin to realize there is no up or across. You'll need a personality type that forces growth discussions, because they generally won't come to you. Simply put, the agency hasn't figured out a mentorship structure, cross-disciplinary brainstorming, or basic "ownership" incentives like profit-sharing or a partnership track. Ultimately, people leave with inner conflict when they plateau.

Advice to Management

You already know this, but emphasize helping ADGers imagine their future—with ADG remaining an important part of the picture. • Support cross-disciplinary growth; have a designer draft a proposal and a developer sketch a functional navigation pattern. • Prioritize mentorship and internal projects as part of the 40-hour week—not above and beyond. • Delegate; create swat teams for smaller low-budget projects, leave leadership out of the picture, and trust the professionals you hired are more than capable to knock it out of the park even if they stumble a bit. • Schedule and foster professional trajectory discussions even with the employees who are too timid to come to you with demands. ----- Despite the mixed reviews on Glassdoor, I certainly don't regret working at ADG and remain quite fond of the work, the environment, and the people (even the leadership). I was able to fill out my practice area, have candid discussions about my professional growth aspirations, and choose the types of projects I wanted to invest more time and ownership in. ADG prepared me for the next step in my career.

Is the Bermuda Triangle located in Columbia?

I have been working at ADG Creative full-time

Pros

The relationships you will form with the other worker bees at ADG Creative will be wonderful. The talent that this agency attracts is unbelievable.

Cons

Employees aren't given the benefit of the doubt that they know how to perform their jobs. The CEO manages this company like Kim Jong-un overseas the DPRK. While you have amazing colleagues, eventually you will burn out as you see there is no upward momentum for a job well done and that much of your personal time is spent working. Retention rates are through the roof. One day you'll be working with someone, and the next day, without warning, management is escorting them out of the building.

Advice to Management

If you want to increase morale, stop firing those who work the hardest. Employees are too busy wondering who will be pushed out next to concentrate on their work. Employees are what makes a company, and you have (and have had) some extremely talented folks. Incentive and reward those who work hard. Stop trying to manage every minute detail and give those you've hired the ability to do what you've hired them too.