There are newer employer reviews for ADM

IT Dept @ ADM in Decatur was "ok"

Former Employee - PC Systems Specialist I  in  Decatur, IL
Former Employee - PC Systems Specialist I in Decatur, IL

I worked at ADM part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Really enjoyed the Research environment & people [not so much Corporate or GTECH]
-I think the job freeze has subsided, so a lot of opportunities to transfer within the company & around the U.S/world are probably possible again
-I'm guessing its a stable company again now that the massive hacks have been done

Cons

-A lot of red tape in my department before people could be helped; often told people they had to go to person "X" and then be transferred to me before I could help them. --made me feel incredibly uncomfortable since I knew I could help, I just got tired of having my wrist slapped.
-Pretty much any criticism you'd have about a big corporation. I doubt ADM is any worse than most Fortune 500 companies

Restructuring was done to flatten management. While I think this was a great thing, as I thought a lot of people served no purpose and had a bad attitude, they hired on expensive individuals to do the restructuring and cut 10 or 15% of their total workforce.

I was one, so take my review with a grain of salt, but way too many inept people remained while I watched good workers lose their job.. and then later in the week, after disabling their accounts, it was my turn.

143 Other Employee Reviews for ADM (View Most Recent)

Very poor management, decent pay, brutal hours

Former Employee - Director of Tax  in  Decatur, IL
    Former Employee - Director of Tax in Decatur, IL

I worked at ADM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, co-workers and staff people generally easy to work with

Cons

Terrible review process, most management is unqualified, expectations unrealistic, 70 -80 hour workweeks. I worked under a manager for 20 years that rarely worked a full week and treated employees terribly, yet he kept his job, you could never talk to him without condescending arrogant replies. When he retired, he was replaced by a person who only knew anything about federal and international tax, and was a horrible manager; you could never trust what he said as he would reverse it a week later; put extreme stress and pressure on the dept. Company wide, morale is very poor. I finally had enough and retired early because of heart problems which I place the blame for directly on ADM, in short, I was being worked to death. There is also a lot of corruption.

Pat Woertz isn't qualified for this company as she came from an oil company which as is common opposes ethanol which ADM is the world's largest producer. Most of the old upper management knew this diverse company backwards and forward and most have quit.

QC Lab is more like a bad horror movie!

Current Employee - QC Lab  in  Valdosta, GA
    Current Employee - QC Lab in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at ADM full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of great people in this company. Overall a great place to work as long as you're in the right department. If you're considering a position in the QC Lab, you'd be better off pumping septic systems with a drinking straw than tolerating the broomstick riding manager.

Cons

People not qualified being put in supervisory positions. Those people then treat you like trash and lie to cover their own behinds. Obviously fat and lazy is rewarded and if you don't kiss fat and lazy's ass, you're not "ADM Material".

Cut the FAT!!! I mean that figuratively and literally. SHE is the reason you can't keep the lab fully staffed. I think we've been through five employees in the last six months and everyone leaves because she runs them off. We're tired of working so much overtime and missing our families because her mouth is inappropriate and offensive to new hires.

There are newer employer reviews for ADM

Worked for ADM? Contribute to the Community!