Assistant Commercial Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Commercial Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Commercial Manager

I have been working at ADM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ADM offers great employee benefit packages. Employees are all great people with great morals. ADM offers movement through the company based on your success and most employees make a life-time career out of the company. The company really offers endless possibilities if you put in the time.

Cons

If you want to continue being promoted, be prepared to pick up and move at their discretion; even as an upper level management employee.

Other Employee Reviews for ADM

1. Great work enviroment

Current Employee - Electrician-Shipyard in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Electrician-Shipyard in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at ADM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, Great work environment (everyone gets along well)

Cons

Company tolerates very poor service from the uniform vendor. I have been waiting a month since I placed my order.

Advice to Management

Damark is taking you to the cleaners. Many employees wash their own uniforms because you never know when or if you will get them back. Entergy never repairs the lights you pay them for.

2. IT Dept @ ADM in Decatur was "ok"

Former Employee - PC Systems Specialist I in Decatur, IL
    Former Employee - PC Systems Specialist I in Decatur, IL

I worked at ADM part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Really enjoyed the Research environment & people [not so much Corporate or GTECH] -I think the job freeze has subsided, so a lot of opportunities to transfer within the company & around the U.S/world are probably possible again -I'm guessing its a stable company again now that the massive hacks have been done

Cons

-A lot of red tape in my department before people could be helped; often told people they had to go to person "X" and then be transferred to me before I could help them. --made me feel incredibly uncomfortable since I knew I could help, I just got tired of having my wrist slapped. -Pretty much any criticism you'd have about a big corporation. I doubt ADM is any worse than most Fortune 500 companies

Advice to Management

Restructuring was done to flatten management. While I think this was a great thing, as I thought a lot of people served no purpose and had a bad attitude, they hired on expensive individuals to do the restructuring and cut 10 or 15% of their total workforce. I was one, so take my review with a grain of salt, but way too many inept people remained while I watched good workers lose their job.. and then later in the week, after disabling their accounts, it was my turn.