Assistant Commercial Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Commercial Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Commercial Manager

I have been working at ADM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ADM offers great employee benefit packages. Employees are all great people with great morals. ADM offers movement through the company based on your success and most employees make a life-time career out of the company. The company really offers endless possibilities if you put in the time.

Cons

If you want to continue being promoted, be prepared to pick up and move at their discretion; even as an upper level management employee.

Other Reviews for ADM

Fun summer, but Corporate process not for me.

Current Employee - Commodities Merchandising  in  West, TX
    Current Employee - Commodities Merchandising in West, TX

I have been working at ADM as an intern for less than a year

Pros

They paid for relocation, and also for summer apartment at location. Most people who trade at the branch offices are younger guys who were just out of college--this made socializing in the summer a lot of fun. Apartment had pool and was on college campus so met a lot of cool people (apartment choice is entirely dependent on branch manager.) High percentage of interns are hired on as long as you really impress your branch manager. They have a final interview process in head quarters if you want to work full time. Hourly summer rate allows for potential overtime. Able to execute MASSIVE trades. Sent far from home so was able to experience and travel to a lot of different places in the South West (I'm from Chicago). Loved the people I worked with and will be friend with one of the merchandisers for many years to come. Able to pick final date as long as it was during the 11th week.

Cons

ADM is massive, and you will have no say in where your placement will be. I was 20 hours from home so I was incredibly home sick and started counting down until I left the moment I got there. My manager didn't allow me to get as much overtime as I could have. You need to take your own vehicle to location, so this will add a lot of miles. IF hired full-time a Merchandiser has SOME say in the region they would like to work, but I know people who were placed 30 hours from home, 8, 12, or 3. Not many close though. (*I was highly recommended for full-time employment but took better offer from company closer to home.)

IF you don't have many strong ties to home and love to get a change of scenery every 2-3 years than this is an AWESOME company. They have great benefits, and you meet interesting people. I just needed to be back in a metropolis. I was glad I did this because it really reassured that.

Interns know how mundane and unimportant they are, but ask if they have a regional preference. I know it can't be minutes from home but a few hour drive is better than 20+ hours. Or possibly provide interns who work over 10 hours from home with a plane ticket voucher to fly home sometime in July.

Great work enviroment

Current Employee - Electrician-Shipyard  in  New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Electrician-Shipyard in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at ADM full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and benefits, Great work environment (everyone gets along well)

Cons

Company tolerates very poor service from the uniform vendor. I have been waiting a month since I placed my order.

Damark is taking you to the cleaners. Many employees wash their own uniforms because you never know when or if you will get them back. Entergy never repairs the lights you pay them for.

There are newer employer reviews for ADM.

Worked for ADM? Contribute to the Community!