Excellent Management

Former Employee - Intern in Decatur, IL
Former Employee - Intern in Decatur, IL

I worked at ADM part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management was absolutely wonderful to work with. They were always willing to help and always willing to help me get to the next level in my career.

Cons

Employee layoffs were detrimental to my stay at ADM. I would do anything to go back and be a part of a team like that.

Other Employee Reviews for ADM

There actually are worse places to work

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Decatur, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Decatur, IL

I worked at ADM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, decent pay, solidity, massive market presence

Cons

extremely poor, shortsighted, greedy leadership and lack of recognition or appreciation throughout the company

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight, get rid of the "good old boy" mentality. Focus on maximizing employee potential and recognizing and rewarding excellence and your entire paradigm will shift causing an abundance in market-share growth and customer loyalty. Also, walk the walk, don't just talk the talk. The ADM Way is a joke and all employees know it, so what do you think your customers think of it?

2. A decade of excellent service means nothing compared to "shareholder value".

Former Employee - Corporate Accounting in Decatur, IL
    Former Employee - Corporate Accounting in Decatur, IL

I worked at ADM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Above average health and retirement benefits

Cons

Lower than average salaries for entry-level management or office "grunts". Upper tier of management shows concern over waste, yet will leap into some high-risk ventures while dragging feet on making desirable or necessary upgrades to processes or equipment.

Advice to Management

Profits are important, as well as people. Saving dollars by cutting back on overseas investments would seem a more desirable method than via company-wide layoffs. Also, don't panic if profits for a year drop and then bring out the chopping block. Heavily investing in the wrong markets helped bring about loses, not the laid-off persons from corporate headquarters and elsewhere. Then continue to handout double digit dividends to shareholders...?