ADP

www.adp.com

ADP presents outstanding opportunity for career advancement, while allowing you to manage your personal life.

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - District Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at ADP

Pros

1. You can earn a lot of money if you apply yourself
2. Plenty of "start-ups" within this large organization allowing you to be apart of something youthful and energetic
3. A very well-regarded organization in the marketplace - good or bad, people have had experiences with ADP. As a sales professional, it's great to be known before even picking up the phone
4. Leadership is outstanding. Career advancement is worked into every review (6 month increments). Heavy emphasis on education and training
5. As a sales professional you have a lot of freedom to work your territory the way you see fit.

Cons

This is a large organization which means while you have some autonomy, you are expected to complete conform to corporate norms and expectations. For example: many meetings and marketing campaigns.

My advice to management is to allow sales professionals more independence for marketing. I would also invest more in other departments such as service and implementation. Service has improved tremendously over the past 3 years, but implementation has seen a small decline. I attribute this mostly to the new technology which will eventually make implementation's job easier.

Other Reviews for ADP

A great place to gain experience but not for a long term career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at ADP

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and apply your skills. They do quite well as defining what your responsibilities are and making sure you meet your goals and quotas. They also push very hard to get all of the work out of you they can. This can actually be very character building and drives a strong work ethic.

Cons

I would caution everyone that ADP has a funny culture about promotions. It few quickly make it as an insider and are promoted up quickly while others never get a chance at a promotion no matter who hard they work. Also, during my employment, there were lots of turn over, downsizing and job reassignments.

A little too focused on the financial statement and not enough on building a strong team.

Ok, but still leaves you wanting more

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist  in  Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Augusta, GA

I have been working at ADP

Pros

Pay is good, Well known-company, If you have the right manager life can be good

Cons

If you have the wrong manager life can be horrible, easy to be taken for granted because company is so big

You have to known your product in order to be an effectively manage your employees who maintain it, period.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!