ADP

jobs.adp.com
  jobs.adp.com
There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Hard working, ethical, motivated and talented associates will enjoy growth and opportunities for advancement at ADP.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hoffman Estates, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at ADP

Pros

High Performance is rewarded and highly valued. Many training and development programs are offered with excellent on line tools and other blended learning. The senior executives and management I am exposed to possess a great deal of integrity and are as hard working as the associates. If you look at the tenure of associates it is very high and I think that tells the story that its a great place to build your career.

Cons

There are great expectations for high performance and so if you are willing to work hard and focus on growing the business and developing your talent and help develop others talent it is very rewarding. However if you do not want to work hard or just want to skate by, nd are not a team player you wouldn't enjoy working here. ADP does expect a lot of their associates. If you want a 9 to 5 job, this is not the place for you. If you want to build a rewarding career, then you can find it here if you are willing to put in the effort required.

Do not loose focus on training and development and understand how important it is to surround yourself with great employees.

1988 Other Employee Reviews for ADP (View Most Recent)

OVER-WORKED!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at ADP

Pros

The best reasons to work at ADP are the great people and the salary. Also the benefits package is really great compared to other companies in the area.

Cons

The salary would have been amazing if I hadn't been forced into working upwards of 50 hours a week. Management has absolutely no idea how to distribute case loads and keep work flowing at a reasonable pace. Also management does not listen to it's team members. They constantly ask employees how to make things run smoother but then they either dismiss the suggestions or do the opposite and make things worse. Another large problem is the knowledge sharing, when clients need answers from different areas it is nearly impossible to get answers from teams outside of your own department which makes the entire company look like they do not know what they are doing. I went to my manager to voice my concerns, let them know that I was drowning in work and could absolutely not keep up with the case loads and suggested that some cases be given to other team members that were stating that they had no work to do. Not only was I ignored, I was later written up for falling behind despite my crazy work hours.

I would tell senior management to actually listen to their employees and not dismiss their claims as complaining. We are in the trenches every day with your clients and we do usually know what will work best for the clients interest. And also remember that happy employees will work hard to satisfy your clients; employees that work 55 hours a week just to keep up are NOT happy people.

ADP... great people... terrible work life balance

Former Employee - Systems Performance Specialist (SPS) in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Systems Performance Specialist (SPS) in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at ADP

Pros

ADP is a solid company with a strong client base. There are some really great people that work there. Their benefits package is very strong and the salary would be good if they didn't work you 55+ hours a week. The senior management was good at communicating goals and performance of the division where I worked, but the operation level managers didn't have any depth of knowledge regarding daily work volumes and how to manage case load volume with small groups of analysts.

Cons

The area where I worked in a Business Analyst role had no division of labor. Some analysts would be buried with work and others would have little to do. I averaged 55 hours a week for 6 months. When i tried to take vacation I was told that there was too much work and I could not have the time off. After some discussion, my manager gave me the time but only if I put in extra time before I left to offset the vacation time.

The management is constantly asking for input, but when it is given it is rejected out of hand or dismissed as complaining. I cant count how many times I told my manager I worked 60 hours and was told that she didn't want me working that much but she never was willing to shift responsibilities to manage the case load to make it possible. In one conversation with my manager, I told her the number of people that had expressed their concerns to me privately about the work volume and how it was managed. She told me that none of them had said anything to her. I responded by suggesting that maybe they were concerned that their comments my threaten their job. Seems my coworkers fears were justified. I was dismissed several weeks after that conversation.

You have a dedicated group of employees who take pride in their work and want to work as a team to accomplish the tasks that deliver a quality solution to your clients. Their morale and productivity is low due to a lack of experience and high work volume. The diversity of client needs and system configuration does not lend itself to cookie cutter training. Less experienced analysts should be solving less complicated and more frequent system issues from a pool of clients in order to build system knowledge and troubleshooting experience. Senior analysts should be managing project cases and advanced configuration issues and then delegating these projects to less experienced analysts as case volume warrants to build their experience an knowledge.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP