ADP

There are newer employer reviews for ADP

It's Like a Giant High School

Former Employee - District Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - District Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at ADP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Strong brand name, good corporate training (TotalSource), decent salary for those who stick around.

Very flexible work/life balance with option to work remote depending on your manager.

Cons

The most successful reps have never worked anywhere else, don't know how to sell anything else, and have huge egos. There are practically no women in management. Atmosphere resembles a high school locker room, not a Fortune 500 caliber company.

Territories are aligned to ensure that the newer reps get shafted, which leads to huge turnover. My branch "training" consisted of being bullied by more seasoned reps to bring them into my deals where they provided no value and pocketed half my commission. "Leads" from entry-level SBS reps were non-existent. Constantly competed with my colleagues from ASO/Major Accounts for a small number of prospects.

Bring the level of professionalism up a notch

2096 Other Employee Reviews for ADP (View Most Recent)

Internal Politics often a no win situation

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, descent comp, good work/life balance

Cons

So many sales campaigns, initiatives, trainings constantly be thrown at you. Corporate people trying to justify their existence, constantly pushing field people with a ton of garbage that is typically a waste of time. Management often times more worried about their own advancement rather than whats best for company. Service is the gorilla in the room that no one wants to acknowledge. tons of great benefits but loads of fine print that often prevent you from accessing them.

Work on retaining clients instead of just expecting to lose them. Stop selling against eachother. We are like vulchers fighting over scraps of meat.

A Grind... ADP is a machine built for turning and burning associates

Current Employee - SBS DM in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - SBS DM in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

When you are doing well ADP is one of the best sales jobs available:
    Work your own schedule - Freedom
    Good money - commission accelerators are great
    Great recognition - amazing trips, giving away ipads, TV's and more every month
    Great mobility - you can move departments, to management -.... IF- you hit presidents club and stay on pace.

Cons

When you are not doing well:
    You are very expendable - 1 bad quarter and your out
    micromanaged
    no commission - due to accelerators
    High pressure to work over 50hrs a week
    You are nothing but a number to management
    Common practice to be unethical, doing illegal and unethical things on an every day basis.

Treat your people better and maybe your turnover wont be around 80-100%/YR