ADP

jobs.adp.com
There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Good, stable company, but slow to adapt

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's an extremely stable company and you don't have to worry about losing your job (unless you don't perform of course). ADP is a huge company and so there are frequently other career opportunities available in other divisions

Cons

Being such a big company, they're very slow to change. Our order processing systems have been obsolete for 10 years, but there's still no plans to change them. Our software developers are hesitant to adapt to the changing tech world, such as supporting Apple and mobile devices.

We need to be more flexible and willing to change. As far as tech goes, we're generally 2-5 years behind the curve.

2096 Other Employee Reviews for ADP (View Most Recent)

Time to get lost in the numbers

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Allentown, PA

I worked at ADP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great training. Good basic 9-5 hours and benefits and 401k are good.

Cons

Salary is very low. Get stuck in the wrong business unit and you'll be working to get out of a commission hole pretty soon after. A complete rat race to find the right person. Poor teamwork between sales reps.

reward everyone for working together. Look at the market when setting your salaries. Let people work from home at least 50% of the time if all they're doing is sitting at a desk.

Internal Politics often a no win situation

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, descent comp, good work/life balance

Cons

So many sales campaigns, initiatives, trainings constantly be thrown at you. Corporate people trying to justify their existence, constantly pushing field people with a ton of garbage that is typically a waste of time. Management often times more worried about their own advancement rather than whats best for company. Service is the gorilla in the room that no one wants to acknowledge. tons of great benefits but loads of fine print that often prevent you from accessing them.

Work on retaining clients instead of just expecting to lose them. Stop selling against eachother. We are like vulchers fighting over scraps of meat.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP