ADP

jobs.adp.com
  jobs.adp.com
There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Good, stable company, but slow to adapt

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's an extremely stable company and you don't have to worry about losing your job (unless you don't perform of course). ADP is a huge company and so there are frequently other career opportunities available in other divisions

Cons

Being such a big company, they're very slow to change. Our order processing systems have been obsolete for 10 years, but there's still no plans to change them. Our software developers are hesitant to adapt to the changing tech world, such as supporting Apple and mobile devices.

We need to be more flexible and willing to change. As far as tech goes, we're generally 2-5 years behind the curve.

1988 Other Employee Reviews for ADP (View Most Recent)

Time to get lost in the numbers

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Allentown, PA

I worked at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training. Good basic 9-5 hours and benefits and 401k are good.

Cons

Salary is very low. Get stuck in the wrong business unit and you'll be working to get out of a commission hole pretty soon after. A complete rat race to find the right person. Poor teamwork between sales reps.

reward everyone for working together. Look at the market when setting your salaries. Let people work from home at least 50% of the time if all they're doing is sitting at a desk.

It's Like a Giant High School

Former Employee - District Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong brand name, good corporate training (TotalSource), decent salary for those who stick around.

Very flexible work/life balance with option to work remote depending on your manager.

Cons

The most successful reps have never worked anywhere else, don't know how to sell anything else, and have huge egos. There are practically no women in management. Atmosphere resembles a high school locker room, not a Fortune 500 caliber company.

Territories are aligned to ensure that the newer reps get shafted, which leads to huge turnover. My branch "training" consisted of being bullied by more seasoned reps to bring them into my deals where they provided no value and pocketed half my commission. "Leads" from entry-level SBS reps were non-existent. Constantly competed with my colleagues from ASO/Major Accounts for a small number of prospects.

Bring the level of professionalism up a notch

There are newer employer reviews for ADP