ADP

There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Dealer Services - In Transition

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good pay, flexible schedule, until recently very stable

Cons

Poor communication from DS executives. Low morale, low loyalty. Fewer advancement opportunities, silo mentality continues, increasing office politics

My advice to Dealer Service management is this: Our customers are finicky, and any rapid change to how we deliver products and services will lead them to one of a myriad of our "ankle biting" competitors. I work between the Portland and Chicago offices and am already hearing of customer concern. Many at ADP, including myself, are concerned this recent reorganization will cost us the market share we've worked hard to build over the years. New executive management members didn't understand DS organization and our customers before making these changes in the name of agile. Morale is low, so is loyalty. Product experts with deep customer relationships are now gone. Groups that spanned and reduced silos are now gone. Anyone other than software developers are feeling peripheral, and less important now. It's hard to give your all to a company that doesn't appear to value your contributions. This all needs to be corrected, or I fear for the future of ADP DS.

1947 Other Employee Reviews for ADP (View Most Recent)

Good, stable company, but slow to adapt

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's an extremely stable company and you don't have to worry about losing your job (unless you don't perform of course). ADP is a huge company and so there are frequently other career opportunities available in other divisions

Cons

Being such a big company, they're very slow to change. Our order processing systems have been obsolete for 10 years, but there's still no plans to change them. Our software developers are hesitant to adapt to the changing tech world, such as supporting Apple and mobile devices.

We need to be more flexible and willing to change. As far as tech goes, we're generally 2-5 years behind the curve.

Time to get lost in the numbers

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Allentown, PA

I worked at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training. Good basic 9-5 hours and benefits and 401k are good.

Cons

Salary is very low. Get stuck in the wrong business unit and you'll be working to get out of a commission hole pretty soon after. A complete rat race to find the right person. Poor teamwork between sales reps.

reward everyone for working together. Look at the market when setting your salaries. Let people work from home at least 50% of the time if all they're doing is sitting at a desk.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP