ADP

jobs.adp.com
  jobs.adp.com
There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Time to get lost in the numbers

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Allentown, PA
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Allentown, PA

I worked at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training. Good basic 9-5 hours and benefits and 401k are good.

Cons

Salary is very low. Get stuck in the wrong business unit and you'll be working to get out of a commission hole pretty soon after. A complete rat race to find the right person. Poor teamwork between sales reps.

reward everyone for working together. Look at the market when setting your salaries. Let people work from home at least 50% of the time if all they're doing is sitting at a desk.

1989 Other Employee Reviews for ADP (View Most Recent)

It's Like a Giant High School

Former Employee - District Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong brand name, good corporate training (TotalSource), decent salary for those who stick around.

Very flexible work/life balance with option to work remote depending on your manager.

Cons

The most successful reps have never worked anywhere else, don't know how to sell anything else, and have huge egos. There are practically no women in management. Atmosphere resembles a high school locker room, not a Fortune 500 caliber company.

Territories are aligned to ensure that the newer reps get shafted, which leads to huge turnover. My branch "training" consisted of being bullied by more seasoned reps to bring them into my deals where they provided no value and pocketed half my commission. "Leads" from entry-level SBS reps were non-existent. Constantly competed with my colleagues from ASO/Major Accounts for a small number of prospects.

Bring the level of professionalism up a notch

Internal Politics often a no win situation

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, descent comp, good work/life balance

Cons

So many sales campaigns, initiatives, trainings constantly be thrown at you. Corporate people trying to justify their existence, constantly pushing field people with a ton of garbage that is typically a waste of time. Management often times more worried about their own advancement rather than whats best for company. Service is the gorilla in the room that no one wants to acknowledge. tons of great benefits but loads of fine print that often prevent you from accessing them.

Work on retaining clients instead of just expecting to lose them. Stop selling against eachother. We are like vulchers fighting over scraps of meat.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP