ADP

www.adp.com
  www.adp.com
There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Time to get lost in the numbers

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Allentown, PA
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Allentown, PA

I worked at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training. Good basic 9-5 hours and benefits and 401k are good.

Cons

Salary is very low. Get stuck in the wrong business unit and you'll be working to get out of a commission hole pretty soon after. A complete rat race to find the right person. Poor teamwork between sales reps.

reward everyone for working together. Look at the market when setting your salaries. Let people work from home at least 50% of the time if all they're doing is sitting at a desk.

1781 Other Employee Reviews for ADP (View Most Recent)

It's Like a Giant High School

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong brand name, good corporate training (TotalSource), decent salary for those who stick around.

Very flexible work/life balance with option to work remote depending on your manager.

Cons

The most successful reps have never worked anywhere else, don't know how to sell anything else, and have huge egos. There are practically no women in management. Atmosphere resembles a high school locker room, not a Fortune 500 caliber company.

Territories are aligned to ensure that the newer reps get shafted, which leads to huge turnover. My branch "training" consisted of being bullied by more seasoned reps to bring them into my deals where they provided no value and pocketed half my commission. "Leads" from entry-level SBS reps were non-existent. Constantly competed with my colleagues from ASO/Major Accounts for a small number of prospects.

Bring the level of professionalism up a notch

Challenging and Results Driven Organization

Current Employee - Major Accounts DM  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Major Accounts DM in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is easy to reach out to and very accessible. This is not the case for other large corporations.... The upper management (VP levels) really know who you are here...huge plus. Schedules are very flexible and not micro-managed.... Results driven is the bottom line here and there are plenty of opportunities to sell several different products sets and solutions. Great line of products beyond basic payroll. Everyday is a challenge and a learning experience. It's a great job and thinking outside the box is accepted. Sky is the limit on making money and there are no caps.

Cons

Communications and collaboration between departments is not always on par (service, partners, implementation, accounting, retention, other business units- sbs, national, majors, telesales, totalsource, etc). It does feel like we compete against other reps we work with at times for business and alignment. It does take a year or two to start increasing your revenue and closing deals.

Less of the cut-throat culture meaning no pitting people against each other. May not always be intentional....it comes with sales.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!