Professional Development

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a recent college grad, I'm pleased to find myself working for ADP. I graduated with my Bachelor's in Human Resource Management expecting to find a boring, redundant, insignificant position in a fortune 1000 company where I would feel like a number rather than an employee. I am more than ecstatic to find that ADP is one of the most supportive, innovative, and "personalized" organizations that I've come across in years. Even working for a small-town bank throughout college doesn't compare to the support and encouragement provided by middle and senior management at ADP. If you're looking for a company in which to guide you through your career and help develop your skills to ensure professional success, ADP is the employer for you.

Cons

Simple tasks such as banking, tax, and other service are very segregated. It's sometimes difficult to find an answer you're looking for after speaking to 5 different people.

Advice to Management

Align goals so everyone is on the same page.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good opportunity if you are prepared to spend your entire career there

I worked at ADP

Pros

Good compensation and President’s Club for top performers in Sales Decent work/life balance Straight forward company….the Sales organization absolutely runs the company

Cons

Most in middle management and higher are lifers which has led to a very incestuous environment with few new ideas. (That being said people that do well spend decades there and seem to be happy.) Unless HR already have someone internally lined up to fill an open position before it is posted online then they are not doing their job. They almost exclusively hire from within and even then it’s about politics. It’s extremely difficult to get into the organization in a senior sales role from the outside…basically you have to hope they just cannot find anyone internally…and with 60,000 employees that’s unlikely. (The flip side is positive, if you are doing well as you will most likely only be competing with other internal candidates for promotions.)

Advice to Management

Don’t think your history and current industry status will get you anywhere in the future…hungrier, more aggressive companies will easily be able to eat away at your market share (by providing more innovative technology solutions and better customer service) and leave you a shadow of your current self.

2. Very good place to work.

Current Employee - PRC in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - PRC in El Paso, TX

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great life and work balance for all employees.

Cons

The salaries are average and difficult to increase wages.