ADP

www.adp.com

Big company mentality slows decision making but brings stability

Former Employee - Director  in  Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Director in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The best thing about working at ADP (National Accounts Division) was that there was no fear of going under or profitability. The company is large and stable. I worked for ProBusiness and they bought us out, and before the buyout one always wondered if and when the company would be come profitable and if it did not, when the next round of layoffs would be. ADP is an industry leader in outsourcing of Payroll, Payroll Tax and HR benefits.

Cons

After working for ProBusiness, the sheer size of ADP after the buy out settled brought things to a near halt. Nearly every decison has to go up and then back down the hierarchy for approval. Also often seemed like those very distant from the reality of the local business were forcing changes to things that "weren't broken" but refusing to put funds into areas that really needed to be revamped. Very old school management style and very "male" upper management team.

Be more open minded to change.

Other Reviews for ADP

Solid benefits, mind-numbingly boring job with really bad company culture.

Former Employee - Tax Manager  in  San Dimas, CA
    Former Employee - Tax Manager in San Dimas, CA

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are fantastic, and start immediately. Also the E-learning programs and other value adds such as tuition reimbursement are top-notch as well. They also had an on-site doctor at the tax center I worked at. Good vacation to start, and a decent if not spectacular salary.

Cons

Horrible company culture centered around how difficult it is to advance your career within the company. Tons of internal politics and poorly hired middle management because of said politics. An extremely unpleasant place to work. Literally could not pay me enough to ever consider going back to work for them in any way shape or form. Internal structure of company made it almost impossible to fire poor employees, and management typically didn't understand the day to day role of the people they were managing.

Fire 90% of your middle management, they received these jobs due to kickbacks and relationships, not any particular aptitude for managing people.

Professional on the outside, old school sales on the inside.

Former Employee - Major Account Retirement Services District Manager  in  Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Major Account Retirement Services District Manager in Lenexa, KS

I worked at ADP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training salary, good base, brand name recognition. Access to information about payroll clients was excellent. Working with the payroll account managers was difficult because they had a hard time grasping information about 401k and how seamless the integration could be for the payroll client or prospect and hesitated taking us out as consultants.

Cons

Used car salesman tactics, inexperienced top level management in my division which was the ADP Broker Dealer Inc.(Retirement Services). ADP would make payroll mistakes like not paying an employers payroll taxes and that would ruin the credibility of the payroll / 401k integration that we tried to sell. So, not all payroll clients are going to be easy clients to cross sell to retirement services.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!