ADP

Associate district manager

Former Employee - Associate District Manager in Windsor, CT
Former Employee - Associate District Manager in Windsor, CT

I worked at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to start career, fantastic training, easy to transfer skills, running your own business mentality

Cons

shouldn't hire managers that used to be kindergarten teachers, work constantly, cutthroat, must keep deals quiet or they will get stolen

Don't micro manage when the sales rep is performing well, it may hinder their value.

1988 Other Employee Reviews for ADP (View Most Recent)

Great training and great people

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Allentown, PA

I worked at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, Excellent training, Fairly relaxed atmosphere, and good products

Cons

If you land a good territory, good product set, and good people to partner with on the outside then the job has a lot of options. Unfortunately I had great outside partners and one of the best territories, however I had a difficult product to sell and almost all of the other people doing my job left.

First put yourself in your employees shoes and then make suggestions.

Lots of Promises

Former Employee - Associate District Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Associate District Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. Great name recognition. Lots of sales aides to help. Very structured.

Cons

1. You will be told you can make 55-75k first year when in reality most first year reps make 40-45k.

2. Your territory will determine your success. You will be told that the hard you work the more opportunity to go into prime territory, which is NOT true. They will hire a newbie and give them those territories.

3. You will be told that you will work with CPA's, bankers, and companies up to 50 employees., but you will soon learn that those are given to CPA centrics, bank centric, and upmarket reps. So you will only be able to work 1-24 employee companies.

4. Quotas are easy to achieve the first three months, in which after your quota doubles. Then if someone quits, management will absorb that quota into yours. It's easy to go from 6.8k per month as they will tell you in the interview to up to 11k one month to the next.

5. They will have you ride along with a management trainee who will tell you what management wants you to hear.

6. You will be told that you will be given names of all the businesses in our territory. But you will learn in training that you are EXPECTED to blind foot prospect for one hour everyday, in which most of those leads will go to upmarket, majors, the CPA or bank centric.

7. Management will tell you they have an open door policy and welcome feedback, but you will learn that they only care about your sales.

8. You will be told that ADP values their existing clients, but you will learn that management doesn't want you "wasting" time on customer service issues (which you will find out is ADP is very hard for clients to deal with... There are constant payroll errors every week that you will have to fix).

This is a good entry level sales job, but know from the get go that the longevity of a first year rep is only 7-8 months. Very stressful job where your manager will be asking you daily what you got coming in. I have had friends ask if i could get them hired on, which i would get $1500 bonus to do so, but I've told them i wouldn't wish this job on my worse enemy. Be warned!

Stop feeding your top performers. Treat every one equal. Allow your current reps to apply for premium positions instead of telling them they are performing well, and hire someone off the street.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP