There are newer employer reviews for ADP

It's a wonderful and encouraging place to work, that provides the opportunity to develop and succeed in many ways.

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If your position is the ideal fit, then your job will not feel like work.

Cons

Due to the success and opportunities provided, one must be careful not to take on more than they can handle, otherwise they can easily feel overworked or even burned out. Sometimes it can be hard to say 'No'.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay engaged with the employees and demonstrate the appreciation not just for what they do and how they do it, but also for their values and approach.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

From employer of choice to employer due to lack of choices.

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

ADP is a VERY established and stable company. The workforce is very tendered and in general (and in contrast to what some will want you to believe) this is a good thing. Every manager I've had at ADP has been excellent. My previous experience at another huge cooperation was exactly the opposite which is why I left. I found that hard work is rewarded.

Cons

This has been true for a while but has been extreme since the "economic downturn"; ADP runs an extremely lean workforce which means they are looking to squeeze every ounce of work out of you. When I first started all we heard about was how ADP being an "Employer of Choice" but it seems that lately they know what the job market is like, and that you can't realistically go anywhere else so that philosophy has fallen to the waist side. Remember this is the company who does HR, payroll and benefits for other companies so they know pretty well what the market is like. This goes for all aspects of compensation, time-off is basically the industry minimum, there is no such thing and paternity leave outside of government mandated (unpaid) time ... For insurance ADP is bragging that it is leading the way in shifting the cost to employees.

Advice to Management

You have great lower/mid level management, but you're even working them to death by mandating huge team sizes. There needs to be more focus on employees via better planning and training when products are being rolled out, better staffing instead of working existing folks until they basically give up. Focus a little more on employees with time off and lower benefit cost. It's infuriating when you say you want us to take our vacation time which is why we have a new policy that you will take it away if we don't but then staff us so lean that its virtually impossible to take time off without "hurting the business".

2. SOLID COMPANY

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good growth opportunity from within

Cons

lots of competitors but none all that good

Advice to Management

none