There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Could get paid higher at other companies but love it here.

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to learn new technologies, clear career path, my contributions are valued, awesome team to work with. They pay for school, and invest in me as an employee. A staggering number of employees have been with ADP for 10+ years. Great total compensation package. Yearly bonus and annual salary increase.

Cons

Communications between departments can be problematic, nature of ADP's core business means security precedes innovation in limiting ways. They now exactly how valuable they are as an employer and leverage that by offering mediocre salaries.

Advice to Management

Spend at least one day a year shadowing each department. See if your perception of how each department operates matches your assumptions.

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

1. Soul Crushing

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits including retirement, although the health care is expensive.

Cons

My W-2 was wrong and cost me over $5k (their main job is getting these right for others). Hyper-critical, back-stabbing, territorial manager and co-workers. Constant ambushes and policy reversals after the fact.

Advice to Management

Tell people what the plan is, follow the plan, realize people are not numbers to be pushed around on some spreadsheet.

Promised the world, Can't fail, fed with lies and deception.

Former Employee - Associate District Manager Small Business Services
    Former Employee - Associate District Manager Small Business Services

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, stock options, profit sharing, 401 k with company match. Have the luxury to have your own freedom.

Cons

Dog eat dog, hustle or be hustled out the door. Managers ride you hard for not meeting quotas, and never commend you for you great work ethic. Promised a virgin territory, however hundreds have been in it. Stepping on toes and kissing up to get to the top.

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront about everything. Don't blow spoke up my you know what. Acknowledge and compliment your employees for doing an amazing job, swallow your pride, before it eats you.