Dog eat Dog

Former Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job... They had a very strong training program, which makes sense since they turn over the entire department about every 18 months.

Cons

There was little to no regard for the employees. They had a turn and burn mentality to their people. So much so that it was common practice to have 2-3 new hires in the department who would "sit on the bench" and train for a month or two while they waited for the next person to quit.

Advice to Management

pretend like you give a hoot about the people who work for you

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

1. ADP truly cares about Working Moms!

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-telecommute/home office options -truly understands the challenge of being a working mom -many opportunities for growth

Cons

-Working for a tech company has it challenges...never any downtime (for training...to breathe) here.

It was a bad experience for me

Former Contractor - contact learning developer in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - contact learning developer in Houston, TX

I worked at ADP as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a regular paycheck and always got paid on time Nice technology Virtual work at home Some of my co-workers were friendly and talented

Cons

Rude and controlling leadership Too many weekly calls/meetings Asked to do too many things that aren't your job Unbalanced and highly stressful workload Complicated business model (PEO) and boring sales-centered products (training is redundant) Unprofessional behavior Be warned that if you give 2 weeks notice, you will be dismissed immediately Too much micromanaging, reporting, and emphasis on quantity rather than quality Horrible communication while still being held accountable for what you weren't told Unreasonable deadlines Resistance on any and every idea presented Many projects go unapproved or unfinished, which is a waste of time, effort, and money Leadership never admits to mistakes but twists things around so as to blame those they manage Leadership is too full of themselves Inefficient web tools that create a huge admin burden Most of their offices are old buildings with tiny cubicles and no elevator

Advice to Management

Get out of that old 1950's style of management and trust your employees to do their jobs! Do a complete overhaul to correct the cons listed above. I am surprised the rep of the company isn't much worse given what I have observed.