There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Dog eat Dog

Former Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at ADP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was a job... They had a very strong training program, which makes sense since they turn over the entire department about every 18 months.

Cons

There was little to no regard for the employees. They had a turn and burn mentality to their people. So much so that it was common practice to have 2-3 new hires in the department who would "sit on the bench" and train for a month or two while they waited for the next person to quit.

Advice to Management

pretend like you give a hoot about the people who work for you

reviews filtered by

My experience is downhill, face first. Working in DS engineering is life in the salt mine.

Current Employee - Consultant/Engineer (Aka Faceless Minion) in Stevenson, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant/Engineer (Aka Faceless Minion) in Stevenson, WA

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There used to be a number of them. Since the ONE WORLD integration, none that I can find.
    Sorry, not entirely true, I still get a paycheck.

Cons

Vanishing Bonuses and and Increase workload. I am now working 6-7 days and, I suspect, that my bonus is a thing of the past. Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand. The complexity of technology has increased exponentially in the last few years and their mindset is "It is all seamless and easy".

Advice to Management

Talk to your line employees, currently you don't. Yearly surveys don't qualify ask talking to us.
    You don't know how much money goes towards consulting, labor and hardware, in a install contract and never have. Sales gives away an unconscionable amount of labor and hardware every year with no repercussions. "Don't do that again and make sure you pack warmly for Club" isn't an admonition or worthwhile.

Your latest string of managers has exactly 1 function. Feed logs to the fire of the machine. I am one of the many logs. I am a consumable. Very similar to a gallon of gasoline or, pound of sugar or....
    I can no longer go to my manager. Problems that are reported result in an interview trying to determine where I am at fault. I have been Commoditized as my coworkers have been.

4 Weeks of vacation or 5 weeks? Ask up how many of those weeks we work to keep big red going.

One sad world.

Horrible management

I worked at ADP full-time

Pros

Nice co-workers. Good work/life balance. That's pretty much it.

Cons

People get laid off all the time. Some people also find another job and leave for fear of being let go/fired. Management changes processes far too often, and then lays off people when business is slow claiming they cannot keep up with changing processes when the truth is that none of the employees can and they are just trying to cut corners.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees like people.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP