ADP

There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Client Tech Analyst in El Paso, TX
Current Employee - Client Tech Analyst in El Paso, TX

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everything is great about this company,So many job opportunities are available.

Cons

A Little hard to get into ADP and application process does take a while this goes more towards the recruiter part

ADP Response

May 8, 2014Project Specialist: Branding, Marketing, & Social Media Talent Acquisition

Hello CTA in El Paso, TX,

Inspiring innovation is one of the core values at ADP. We are always trying to come up with new and innovative ways to make the new employee hiring process simpler and
... More

1978 Other Employee Reviews for ADP (View Most Recent)

Best place I have ever worked.

Current Employee - ADP Director in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - ADP Director in Detroit, MI

I have been working at ADP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

ADP is big and powerful, with offices in just about every state. They are a Fortune 500 company with billions in revenue, and have one of the best and most innovative IT departments in the world with superior senior and executive leadership. There is great emphasis on building your skills and helping you succeed. The people who work for this company have great pride in their positions and take things VERY seriously. Most noticeably, there is a lot of mutual respect between departments. This cannot be said for a lot of other companies I worked at where tournament-style wars were waged for promotions, gossip and backstabbing were prevalent, and upper management was littered with unqualified individuals. This does not happen at ADP. The company is far too large to engage in such trivial matters.

ADP seems to attract top talent. Our particular team has transplants from Nike, Charles Schwab, MetLife, and General Motors. The pay is substantial here compared to other companies, with entry-level software engineers in being paid very comfortably, while Directors and VPs are paid lavishly. The work/life balance is also fair here, with many employees having the option to work from home if the project load allows it, though it’s not wise to always do so.

Cons

The on-boarding process can be a little daunting. Higher-level employees are expected to learn things on the fly and this can lead to a little bit lag in projects being completed. ADP is always growing, and new personal are always being hired, so it seems like a solution to this situation would be a priority. Just in discussion with other ADP employees, it takes a good month or two to truly grasp what you are required to do and how this massive ADP machine operates. Once you figure this out, working here becomes much more enjoyable, but it saddens me how many employees recoil and fear how quickly this company evolves.

A concern for more youthful employees is being interested in the product they are working with. Payroll and Services aren’t the most appealing subject matter to be grinding out hours on, so ADP is more appealing to the upper-level director/manager level employee who has sowed his/her proverbial oats with more stimulating projects at their last employer and is looking to command and drive projects mainly for the big paycheck. These people are easy to spot here.

Thanks for the opportunity! I’m happy to work for such an awesome company.

A Great company to work for. They really care about their customers.

I worked at ADP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked for and with. Getting the right tools to get the job done right was never an issue. Management's expectations were very high, and when the work was done well, credit was given where credit was due.

Cons

Inconsistent workload. You were either killing yourself working around the clock trying to meet last minute deadlines, or you were twiddling your thumbs wondering why this time wasn't being spent learning how to better manage our time and resources so we didn't have to deal with the last minute deadlines.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP