Great Advancing Opportunities

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Roseland, NY
Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Roseland, NY

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company invests in its associates through training and leadership programs. The company focuses on a work to life balance to ensure that its associate's moral is possitive.

Cons

The promotion point system needs work. The promotion is not handled as a straight grade level promotion. It goes by points that may not take you to the grade level for the new promotion.

Advice to Management

Management is great to work with. They check in with the associates to make sure they're on track for career goals.

ADP Response

May 8, 2014 – Project Specialist: Branding, Marketing, & Social Media Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at ADP. As you know, we believe that each person counts at ADP, so we wanted to thank you for letting us know that the leadership programs ... More

Other Employee Reviews for ADP

1. The people make the difference at ADP.

Former Employee - Client Service Manager
    Former Employee - Client Service Manager

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

ADP is a fiscally sound company with lots of opportunity for advancement if you are willing to relocate. They offer a broad spectrum of products and career opportunities.

Cons

Too many products and lack of integration between products. ADP always adds more workload to the star performers and is slow to replace associates, adding to the workload of others.

Best place I have ever worked.

Current Employee - ADP Director in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - ADP Director in Detroit, MI

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ADP is big and powerful, with offices in just about every state. They are a Fortune 500 company with billions in revenue, and have one of the best and most innovative IT departments in the world with superior senior and executive leadership. There is great emphasis on building your skills and helping you succeed. The people who work for this company have great pride in their positions and take things VERY seriously. Most noticeably, there is a lot of mutual respect between departments. This cannot be said for a lot of other companies I worked at where tournament-style wars were waged for promotions, gossip and backstabbing were prevalent, and upper management was littered with unqualified individuals. This does not happen at ADP. The company is far too large to engage in such trivial matters. ADP seems to attract top talent. Our particular team has transplants from Nike, Charles Schwab, MetLife, and General Motors. The pay is substantial here compared to other companies, with entry-level software engineers in being paid very comfortably, while Directors and VPs are paid lavishly. The work/life balance is also fair here, with many employees having the option to work from home if the project load allows it, though it’s not wise to always do so.

Cons

The on-boarding process can be a little daunting. Higher-level employees are expected to learn things on the fly and this can lead to a little bit lag in projects being completed. ADP is always growing, and new personal are always being hired, so it seems like a solution to this situation would be a priority. Just in discussion with other ADP employees, it takes a good month or two to truly grasp what you are required to do and how this massive ADP machine operates. Once you figure this out, working here becomes much more enjoyable, but it saddens me how many employees recoil and fear how quickly this company evolves. A concern for more youthful employees is being interested in the product they are working with. Payroll and Services aren’t the most appealing subject matter to be grinding out hours on, so ADP is more appealing to the upper-level director/manager level employee who has sowed his/her proverbial oats with more stimulating projects at their last employer and is looking to command and drive projects mainly for the big paycheck. These people are easy to spot here.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the opportunity! I’m happy to work for such an awesome company.