ADP

www.adp.com

Very good sales job

Sales (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI worked two jobs before this out of college. Both were sales. Both were jobs with a solid base and a good commission structure, at least on the surface. Neither of these jobs compared to ADP (both previous jobs were in the staffing industry).

This is the best company I've ever worked for. They're fair. They pay you for results. They don't micromanage you (which is why i'm so shocked to see all the comments on micromanaging -- maybe this happens across the country, but it certainly doesn't happen in Atlanta). Monday - Thursday I'm not required to be in the office at all. This might hinder some people, because you're not required to work. As someone that's very driven by sales results, I appreciate that ADP doesn't look over my shoulder all day to see what I'm doing.

Benefits start Day 1, and the benefits are very good. Work/life balance is very good.

ConsCan be stressful. Not going to lie. Because they give you so many freedoms -- not having to go to the office, not having to check in with your manager, etc. -- they expect you to perform. It's their only way of monitoring you're actually doing something. It's a very numbers driven company, and if you're not someone that's used to working on a strict quota, this place probably isn't for you. If you hit your monthly numbers, you're fine.

Only other con: Way too much paper. ADP rarely sends something electronically, so stacks of fliers, papers, best practices, talk tracks, etc., continue to pile up on your desk. That said, those are two very small cons based on all the pros. Great company to advance, pays you for your sales, and doesn't micromanage. Hard to beat that.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo electronic. Too much paperwork, and too many "best practices." When you give a best practice, focus on that best practice more than a single Friday (by the next Friday, we're on to the next best practice). Other than that, great job.

A great, stable place to work.

401(K) Specialist (Current Employee) Woodstock, GA

I have been working at ADP

Pros: Stable company that has excellent management and decision making abilities. It's a standard… Cons: You won't get rich working there, but you will do work that… Advice to Senior Management: Open communication is a positive characteristic - keep it up. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

ADP Insurance Services is a terrible place to work.

Account Executive (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

I worked at ADP

Pros: ADP is a growing company in a bad economy. They offer… Cons: ADP (insurance services) is a company that is based largely on favoritism. The managment team is in complete control over who does well within… Advice to Senior Management: Feild base and Client Based doesn't work. I treat… More

There are newer reviews on ADP.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!