Very good sales job

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ADP

Pros

I worked two jobs before this out of college. Both were sales. Both were jobs with a solid base and a good commission structure, at least on the surface. Neither of these jobs compared to ADP (both previous jobs were in the staffing industry). This is the best company I've ever worked for. They're fair. They pay you for results. They don't micromanage you (which is why i'm so shocked to see all the comments on micromanaging -- maybe this happens across the country, but it certainly doesn't happen in Atlanta). Monday - Thursday I'm not required to be in the office at all. This might hinder some people, because you're not required to work. As someone that's very driven by sales results, I appreciate that ADP doesn't look over my shoulder all day to see what I'm doing. Benefits start Day 1, and the benefits are very good. Work/life balance is very good.

Cons

Can be stressful. Not going to lie. Because they give you so many freedoms -- not having to go to the office, not having to check in with your manager, etc. -- they expect you to perform. It's their only way of monitoring you're actually doing something. It's a very numbers driven company, and if you're not someone that's used to working on a strict quota, this place probably isn't for you. If you hit your monthly numbers, you're fine. Only other con: Way too much paper. ADP rarely sends something electronically, so stacks of fliers, papers, best practices, talk tracks, etc., continue to pile up on your desk. That said, those are two very small cons based on all the pros. Great company to advance, pays you for your sales, and doesn't micromanage. Hard to beat that.

Advice to Management

Go electronic. Too much paperwork, and too many "best practices." When you give a best practice, focus on that best practice more than a single Friday (by the next Friday, we're on to the next best practice). Other than that, great job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to start your career......

Former Employee - District Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - District Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ADP

Pros

-name recognition opens doors -good benefits starting day 1 of hire -great sales training -helps build your resume -mostly good people

Cons

-old technology -limited opportunity for advancement -below market compensation -management lacks guidance -no incentive to retain clients -hard to make a career there

Advice to Management

Update your technology to be better aligned with your competitors. A $9 billion company has no excuse not to invest in their product line. Offer your reps incentives to retain clients. Your services are pay as you go. It should be paid out accordingly.

2. A great, stable place to work.

Current Employee - 401(K) Specialist in Woodstock, GA
    Current Employee - 401(K) Specialist in Woodstock, GA

I have been working at ADP

Pros

Stable company that has excellent management and decision making abilities. It's a standard for mutual fund companies because they can rely on ADP's good judgement about the market.

Cons

You won't get rich working there, but you will do work that is equivalent to your pay. Some divisions are run better than others.

Advice to Management

Open communication is a positive characteristic - keep it up.