ADP

www.adp.com

Very good sales job

Current Employee - Sales  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I worked two jobs before this out of college. Both were sales. Both were jobs with a solid base and a good commission structure, at least on the surface. Neither of these jobs compared to ADP (both previous jobs were in the staffing industry).

This is the best company I've ever worked for. They're fair. They pay you for results. They don't micromanage you (which is why i'm so shocked to see all the comments on micromanaging -- maybe this happens across the country, but it certainly doesn't happen in Atlanta). Monday - Thursday I'm not required to be in the office at all. This might hinder some people, because you're not required to work. As someone that's very driven by sales results, I appreciate that ADP doesn't look over my shoulder all day to see what I'm doing.

Benefits start Day 1, and the benefits are very good. Work/life balance is very good.

Cons

Can be stressful. Not going to lie. Because they give you so many freedoms -- not having to go to the office, not having to check in with your manager, etc. -- they expect you to perform. It's their only way of monitoring you're actually doing something. It's a very numbers driven company, and if you're not someone that's used to working on a strict quota, this place probably isn't for you. If you hit your monthly numbers, you're fine.

Only other con: Way too much paper. ADP rarely sends something electronically, so stacks of fliers, papers, best practices, talk tracks, etc., continue to pile up on your desk. That said, those are two very small cons based on all the pros. Great company to advance, pays you for your sales, and doesn't micromanage. Hard to beat that.

Go electronic. Too much paperwork, and too many "best practices." When you give a best practice, focus on that best practice more than a single Friday (by the next Friday, we're on to the next best practice). Other than that, great job.

Other reviews for ADP

A great, stable place to work.

Current Employee - 401(K) Specialist  in  Woodstock, GA
    Current Employee - 401(K) Specialist in Woodstock, GA

Pros

Stable company that has excellent management and decision making abilities. It's a standard for mutual fund companies because they can rely on ADP's good judgement about the market.

Cons

You won't get rich working there, but you will do work that is equivalent to your pay. Some divisions are run better than others.

Open communication is a positive characteristic - keep it up.

ADP Insurance Services is a terrible place to work.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in El Paso, TX

Pros

ADP is a growing company in a bad economy. They offer fantastic benefits and you are given many personal, sick and vacation days.

Cons

ADP (insurance services) is a company that is based largely on favoritism. The managment team is in complete control over who does well within the company and who does not. The sales pressure is intense and if you are below quota, you will not be permitted time off and sometimes they will not even allow you to leave work until they feel you have completed a full days work; this could mean working ten hour days regularly. If ADP does not want you to be successful there is no way that you can be. In the two years I spent at ADP I was put on large amounts anti-depressesants and anxiety medication, suffered a nervous breakdown, spent one month in a behavioral health facility and was forced to resign upon my return. If you are considering a position as a lead generator or account executive, please reconsider.

Feild base and Client Based doesn't work. I treat the neighborhood strays better than you treat most of your staff.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!