ADP

Unsinkable Slow Boat To Somewhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very stable employment if you don't violate HR rules you can stay for years. Good people to work with meaning they are clean, kind, and considerate. There have been some really great days to work at ADP.

Cons

Silos everywhere that don't let you see much of the company outside your office. If you want any variance in your career with ADP after you are hired, be prepared to move somewhere other than this office.

Pick a product platform and stick with it. Multiple times the business has picked a platform, spent money and manpower to make it stable and profitable, then either replace senior management or acquire a new platform which results in ADP throwing out the bathwater, and baby along with it, just to start the whole madding process over again.

1820 Other Employee Reviews for ADP (View Most Recent)

Disconnect between what they say their values are, and how they live their values.

Current Employee - Current, Long-term Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Current, Long-term Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent work/life balance--most of the time. Work from home is best perk--and the only reason I have stayed as long as I have. Okay benefits. Fantastic co-workers on my team--they are smart, hard working and really care about doing great work.

Cons

Despite the "worker bees" really caring about the quality of work, that sentiment is not followed by many managers.

ADP used to be (about 8 years ago) a great place to work. Now most folks on my team are looking for an escape hatch. Some managers ave no experience in your functional area, which causes managers to set unrealistic expectations for deliverables, determine your pay raises and promotions (which have been slim the past five or six years) and the do not promote you--no matter how good of a job you do.. They do not live by their own cultures and values of "innovation and excellence." Their mantra is "how fast can we get it out the door and how low of quality can we get away with." That saddens me because when I first came here I was so proud to say I worked at ADP, so proud to wear my ADP gear out in public. Now, am no longer proud to be with ADP.

Some managers also play favorites--allowing some employees to work compressed work weeks so they can have three-day weekends, while others are not allowed to work compressed work weeks -- or even get a few flexible hours now and then -- to take care of family health issues. I find this odd for an HR company.

Insist that managers have PREVIOUS, DIRECT EXPERIENCE in the functional area of the folks they are managing. Live the innovation tagline in EVERY department.

Mostly Good

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been pleased with the compensation at ADP. It is also a great place to learn because of all the different Business Units and Products/Services provided to clients.

Cons

Great leaders are hard to find at ADP; Senior Level Directors/VP's often seem to be more concerned with their careers than their people. People are often not held accountable at ADP

The most senior Managers/Directors/VP's at ADP need to be replaced with strong people leaders or go through vigorous leadership development training.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!