There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Great company to work for

Current Employee - National Account Sales - TLM in La Palma, CA
Current Employee - National Account Sales - TLM in La Palma, CA

I have been working at ADP

Pros

Great sales and product training on regular basis; many options on where to go within ADP Sales - variety of products to learn about and sell; solid implementation and support teams behind each sale;

Cons

Sales process is complex, so many reps selling to every account - team selling can be challenging even though everyone tries to work together, for the most part;

Advice to Management

Your reps work very hard to be successful but also become the scapegoat for lack of success due to external infuluences; Make sure people who are put on a performance plan truly deserve it; Too many great people have been cut due to bad market conditions but are blamed personally and this causes a lot of unneccesary pain on an individual level.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company in bad economy=desperate company=bad company=life

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ADP

Pros

This company is an excellent place to work at if you are interested in jumpstarting your career with solid experience on the frontline of building a company. The pay is higher than the average employer and decent for some one who didn't graduate from the nations top universities with all the qualities of a superstar professional. This place really gives you good training, which supports you in developing permanent skills that come through your determination to succeed. If you don't reach your next promotion or become top management, the skills that the company gives to you will carry you through your next business position.

Cons

Bad communication Well they laid me off within 2 months of employment, along with many other employees. To me, it doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money on a new hire, put them through traning, prior to a 5 interview selection process to lay them off within two months--it's not profitable for business and illogical. My conclusion is that there must have been a lack of communication with upper management and mid management. If that wasn't the case, then I don't think they would have hired me in the first place.

Advice to Management

The only advice I would offer is to continue doing your best to maintain good integrity, while serving your employees to the best of your ability. I know that my statement is general, but if your heart is in the right place, you know what I mean.

2. Cincinnati Management = Culture of Ineptitude

Former Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at ADP

Pros

Benefit packages, well respected company outside of the industry

Cons

They say the number one reason why people leave their jobs is due to their Manager. Let me say that the Management within the Ohio Valley Region, especially the group that that reports to the VP within Cincinnati is the worst I've encountered anywhere. They were chosen to be managers, not for their sales skills, each only had a single Presidents Club and both were given a gift vs earning that Club, but for their willingness to do whatever they are told without question. Don't try to offer an alternative perspective, it will most likely cost you your job! I saw many talented people try to get promoted into other jobs onto to find themselves black-balled by their own Managers. Yet those same managers promote weak candidates to higher positions. To this entire management chain, anyone with an alternative idea to them has a bad attitude. If you think you can earn your way to respect with this group, forget that too. Even top producers are treated with indifference, most likely because having never been top producers themselves, Managers don't believe in rewarding those with exceptional talents or work ethics.

Advice to Management

Fire the entire Cincinnati management group from the local managers to the VP of the entire Region. Talk to former employees for the real scoop on how what this management group is like, you can bet it's not very favorable! Gary Butler started in Sales, I can't believe he allows this to go on!!!