ADP

www.adp.com

It's all about the people

Former Employee - District Sales Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ADP

Pros

The people there, and the relationships created, were some of the best reasons to work for ADP. I recommend checking it out for yourself.

Cons

ADP is a very large organization with several layers of management and procedures. This did not serve some clients well.

ADP may want to consider forming their own technology. Partnering with others is not enough. Perhaps having their own platform for developers to build on. Such as Google Apps, Apple Apps, etc.

Other Reviews for ADP

Beware of the Glass ceiling

Former Employee - Senior Implementation Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Implementation Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at ADP

Pros

Great place to learn about the payroll business, lots of continuing education opportunities and advancement if you work for their Autopay Major Accounts division, not so much if you work for EBS (Small Business Division), also known as Easypay. I worked for Easypay and started as a customer service rep, worked my way up to Sr. Implementation Specialist. Competitive pay and once you have worked there you have a secure job with great benefits & tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Raises are nonexistent, you get up to a 4% pay increase each year depending on your review - if I had known that, I would have asked for more $ to start with. No bonuses for anyone except the Sales Dept. Very hard to get promoted, they always tell you they can't afford to promote you because it would leave them shorthanded in your current dept. Not enough employees to staff busy call center. Unrealistically short deadlines for getting work done, even for a very fast worker. Too many cliques and employee favoritism within departments. Not enough rewards for hard workers, same appreciation given to the slackers. If you decide to work at ADP, be sure to take a job in Autopay ( Major Accounts), DO NOT work for EBS (Easypay). The pay in that department is much lower for the same type of work and the managers are not as experienced. Major Accounts also gives pay bumps for relevant continuing education but EBS does not.

Do more to keep your existing employees, such as offer decent bonuses for hard work and consistently meeting deadlines. Make EBS pay more competitive to match Autopay (Majors). Offer more supervisor or senior positions to give more opportunities to tenured employees.

Honestly...

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant  in  Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at ADP

Pros

...the tension out here is through the roof and it would be no wonder if people just went off one day
    -mostly great co-workers in general
    -okay compensation
    -accomodating to life-work balance

Cons

-outrageous workload
    -management is happy to leave people in the position and pay as they are forever...no desire to promote or give raises...ever.
    -bad business foresight in trying to understand feasibility of projects given resource limitations
    -budgets and capabilities always seem bad...even when things are reportedly looking better per management...management insists that we need to buckle down and do more with less because things are tough

When you have increasing work in the pipe and people are already working at capacity, making us tell clients lies and putting band aids on projects are not acceptable solutions. Simply just hire more people. ,,,or take a math class and you'd figure that out too.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!